• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Topic 1: Gyms & Elites - Themes & Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Week 1: Gyms & Elites - Themes & Changes

Oh well, can't do any worse than not guessing at all.
Well, first of all, I think you won't start in Nuvema. Castelia and Mistralton seem like the likeliest entry points, so I'll go with the game starting off in Castelia. Lenora, I think will move the museum to Castelia and be the first gym. Elesa in Nimbasa will be second. Third will give you the choice of which to take on first: Clay in Driftveil, Burgh in White Forest or an as yet unmet steel-type leader in Black City. Depending on which you choose, fourth, you'll face either Skyla in Mistralton or a water-type gym in Undella, probably with Cress. Next, will come either Cilan and Chili double battle in Lacunosa because they'd gotten a good deal on the land to start their own restaurants. Iris in B2 Opelucid and Drayden in W2 Opelucid, then you finish the other side of the Unova Loop. Icirrus, Mistralton Airport, Nacrrene, Striaton, Accumula and Nuvema will hold post-game significance. The airport will connect to another region, I'll go with Hoenn, even though I'd've thought it cool to do all the regions.

Re: Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Week 1: Gyms & Elites - Themes & Changes

If you start in Nimbasa, the Gym Leader order would be:

Elesa - Burgh - Lenora - Striaton Trio - Clay - Skyla - Brycen - Iris/Drayden.

The Striaton Trio will be a Triple or Rotation Battle depending on the version. Iris and Drayden will either be a Double Battle, or Drayden will retire because old and Iris will be the only Gym Leader, or it'll remain the same. Alder will retire and either Cheren or Hilda/Hilbert (Depends on gender) will be the Champion.

Well, I think that...

1. Who the changed gym leaders and elites will be
Pretty much nothing will change. If something would change, it would be their rosters, how we get to them, how we battle them, etc.

2. Any changes to the actual order of the gyms
To me, nothing will change...unless if they would make the Marvelous Bridge accessible when you already get to Nimbasa City or if there's a storyline involving Team Plasma, someone else or a natural disaster causing you to skip a city's Gym and you'd have to return at a later time.

(This won't work...)

The Striaton Trio are a Triple Battle, and the Monkey Event is tweaked slightly, so you aquire the one strong to starter.
Lenora adds Minchino to party. Questions are modified from BW1.
Burgh himself has only tweaks to someset.
Elesa drops an Emolga, replaces it with Joltik.
Clay adds Golett.
Skyla adds Siglyph.
Brycen adds a Vannilluxe.
Iris and Drayden both fight you in 8th Gym. Drayden uses Drudigon, Fraxure and Haxorus, Iris uses Deino, Fraxure and Haxorus.

Burgh, Elesa, and Dragon Gyms are heavily remodeled, using a different gimmick than in BW1. Others recieve minor tweaks such as placement.
A general power creep occurs from BW1, with CCC being one level higher in Monkey, increasing to the Haxorus being properly leveled in ID.
In re-matches, Striaton Trio and ID are single battles.
In canon, Dradyen retires from Gym duties after the battle with him and Iris.

Alder is replaced by N.

Iris replaces Drayden

1a. Bonus points if you can guess the reasons for the gym leader or elite moving on from their position or getting replaced

Alder leaves to roam world leaving N in charge.

Iris is ready to be in charge of Gym, Drayden is a happy grampa and shiz

1b. Extra bonus points if you can guess who the new gym leader or elite will be, assuming it's a character who already exists in the franchise

Alder replaced by N

Drayden replaced by Iris

None

- Well, I sort of imagine the sequels to be something like Pokemon Emerald, where Petalburg City was the fifth Gym Leader (I think), I think Striaton City will resemble this in some way - with the gym leader having a special significance to the protagonist, it could be someone from a previous game or even Iris. You'll be made to come back and fight in Striaton to get Surf, or a HM of significance which will allow you to go into the next city.

- The first gym battle will be a triple battle, I imagine the trio (Cilan, etc) will be more upgraded - possibly even have Pokemon from Johto or Kanto.

- Nacrene City (Lenora) will have had its Gym converted possibly into a safe for the museum, but I assume that the Gym will stay where it is - just in another part of the city, so it will have been added on. The safe will be where her most prized possessions are held until the Museum has its security updated - this will probably be an in-game plot or event Pokemon reference.

- Nimbasa Gym will be updated, probably revamped and made a lot bigger.

- The rest of the Gyms will be the same, with the exception of Iris not being the 8th leader, UNLESS IT COMES DOWN TO A DOUBLE BATTLE.

- Steven Stone, N or Cynthia may be introduced to the Elite Four.

1a. Bonus points if you can guess the reasons for the gym leader or elite moving on from their position or getting replaced

- Lenora moves because she feels unsafe in the Museum after what happened in the prequels.

- Iris feels she has become stronger and is able to run a Gym by herself

- The Striaton Gym could be Steven Stone or even Cynthia in extreme cases, or possibly a character which has been right under our noses the entire time! It will bring excitement to the game, so that's why they would introduce it.

- The elite four may change to spice things up with the return of some of the best trainers.

1b. Extra bonus points if you can guess who the new gym leader or elite will be, assuming it's a character who already exists in the franchise

- Steven Stone or Cynthia will possibly be in the new elite four. Maybe even Cheren or Bianca. N could be the champion, possibly.

- The order of cities you go to will be changed. I think the starting point will be Nuvema but it still won't be in order.

On a side note: I also think Team Plasma will be updated.

1. Who the changed gym leaders and elites will be-Triple or Rotation Tag Battle w/Bianca & Cheren or Equivalents Vs. Adult Striation Bros., Tag Battle w/ 30-year old N Vs. Drayden w/a Cane & Young Adult Iris. Good Bye Catlin, hello Hoenn Character!
1a. Catlin creates an new Battle facility in Unova, and Drayden can't battle alone anymore due to old age+N aids protagonist in order to help them foil the new antagonist by hurrying along their Gym quest. Striaton Bros. act as a trio to troll Shadow Triad conspiracy fans.
1b. Flannery or Liza and Tate replace Catlin(Cool for a Elite 5, huh!)
2. No need for a order change, since the gyms have a straight flow.

I also call for a replacement to the Battle Frontier with a system name such as the Battle Circuit, Battle Resort, Battle Boardwalk, Or Battle County, with Brain equivalents Ingo & Emmet(Subway), Catlin(Castle, but no Darach), Lucy(Pike), OriginalX3(I'd like to see these: 1.Battle Mansion featuring Cosplay Battles(You Dress up as a NPC, and you Rent their Pokémon w/new&idealized movesets, All female Trainers who use Cosplay Rentals, too)...Brain:Mansion Playboy Riker(Uses Lopunny, Steelix, Eelektross, Serperior, Arbok and Swoobat, 2.Battle Bar & Grill featuring Triple & Rotation Tag Battles, Brains: Bar&Grill Hostesses Alma, Cloris, and Marisol(Use Chandelure+Spiritomb, Seismitoad and Toxicroak, and Leavanny+Vespiquen, respectively(Striaton Bros. Cousins),3.Battle Motel featuring Dream Batttles(Pokémon all have or are altered to have Dream World Abilities. Brain:Motel Manager Trevor, Uses Imposter Ditto, Magic Bounce Espeon, Zen Mode Darmanitan, Rain Dish Pelipper, Ferrothorn, and Thick Fat Mamoswine) )

Last edited:

Changing my prediction!

I'm still saying that the Striaton Gym will be a triple battle.

Opelucid Gym: Iris in Black 2, Draden in White 2.

Champion: Cheren.

Alder can be found in Victory Road if you want to battle him.

Hold on, forgot to add something, so don't get on to me for double posting because I'm not allowed to edit the last post!

Same as above ^ but:

N will be battled at the end when you go to face the champion like before in Black and White. But after the main story is over, whenever you back to challenge the champion, it will be Cheren.

First of all, I believe B&W 2 will take place in an area JUST to the north of Unova. After beating the gyms, you challenge the Elite Four, which is shared by Unova. For my guesses, I will simply call it Region X.
1. Who the changed gym leaders and elites will be?
Elite: Alder, Grimsley. Gym: Clay

1a. Alder goes on a journey, challenging other leagues in other regions. His reason is to strengthen his pokemon for when Unova needs protecting again. Grimsley leaves without a reason, and hasn't been sen in months. Clay's business hits a dead end, and his gym and business is bought out by a rival company. Gym typing remains the same, but with the addition of trainers with rock and steel pokemon.

1b. Cheren takes Alder's place until he returns, wanting to battle many kinds of trainers and learn their opinions on why they became trainers. An arrogant, cocky trainer from Region X challenges Cheren. After losing, the trainer is offered to be a replacement of Grimsley, and he accepts.

2. There isn't much of an order, but you must defeat a group of gyms before moving past a road block (example: the guy who wouldn't let you go to Mt.Moon until you beat Brock) 1st gyms: Castelia, Nacrene, Striaton. Striaton's only change is that it is a triple/rotation battle, depending on if you have Black or White 2.

Then, you will be able to challenge the Nacrene gym, and Elesa will have Driftveil's leader lower the bridge and you can challenge him. Chargestone Cave has had a cave-in. The new leader's construction company, after finishing their work on Route 4, has just finished a dam that re-routes Route 6's river in order to obtain minerals. Re-routed water has created a new route leading toward Mistralton and to the river near the Entralink. The river is named Chargestone River, as it contains pokemon like Lanturn, Stunfisk, and Eelektrik. The end past Mistralton is blocked off (because we don't need people surfing to other regions, do we?), and you can now challenge Skyla.

After beating Skyla, there is trouble at Celestial Tower and Twist Mountain (caused by new bad guy team). After beating Brycen, there are noises coming from Dragon Spiral Tower. After checking it out, you head to battle Iris/Drayden (depending on what version).

1. Who the changed gym leaders and elites will be I think Iris will become the full-time gym leader, with Drayden replacing Caitlin and Caitlin migrating to the Battle Frontier.
Iris is old enough to take on the full responsibility, Caitlin wants to return to her old lifestyle as a Frontier Brain, and Drayden just decides to fill Caitlin's gap.

2. Any changes to the actual order of the gyms No. No need. Platinum's order changed because it was apparently easier to get to Hearthrome before Veilstone.

1. Who the changed gym leaders and elites will be:
- Cheren will be the Champion.
- Drayden will be the Opelucid Gym leader.
- Alder will replace Caitlin
- Caitlin will replace Elesa

1a. Bonus points if you can guess the reasons for the gym leader or elite moving on from their position or getting replaced:
- Following the plot of Best Wishes, Iris will have gone to travel with "a new friend."
- Following the plot of Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen, and that Cheren Always wanted to become champion, Cheren beats Alder before player.
- Alder beaten, he falls to the rank of Elite Four. Just for comedic effect, Caitlin is demoted for sleeping on the job.

Gym Leaders

We'll have a new region so 8 more gym leaders.
That means we'll fight the Unova gym leaders AFTER the new leader, as postgame's plot.
Iris will be older but Drayden will be the only Opelucid gym leader.
We'll encounter Iris in the second region.
Chili, Pod & Cress aren't gymleader anymore. Because they're Shadow Triad, and they'll fight us under the name of Team Plasma.
This means we'll get individuals Fire Gym, Water Gym & Grass gym in the second set of Gyms. Dark Gym will be the 8th gyms in that new region.
Belle is the substitute for the Striaton Brothers.
Clay is no longer a Gym leader, remplaced by a champion from Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh/Hoenn

Ligue Pokemon

Caitlin is no longer an Elite four member. Both Darach & Her will be Frontier Brains together.
Cheren is the new champion.

I hope for a Striaton triple battle.

Other team changes should include an Emolga out of Elesa's team and replaced by either Joltik or Tynamo.
Also Iris/Drayden's teams should have Deino/Zwellious instead of Fraxure.

N
Since in B/W N was defeated.
Alder
None.

New gym leaders

This is years into the future where they had to be involved in a conflict that needed them

Hilda/Hilbert

None

With some information about new gym leaders having been revealed today, this thread is now officially closed, and no further entries will be accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom