• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Topic 1: Gyms & Elites - Themes & Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Week 1: Gyms & Elites - Themes & Changes

The first gym i want to be a triple battle with Cilan, Chili and Cress, The last could be a double battle but I doubt it, it will probably be the same. The Champion of the Elite Four will be either Hilbert or Hilda from the Black and White depending on which game is being played. I think the pokemon that the gym leaders and elite four use will include pokemon from previous generations. Other than that, there will be no changes.

Re: Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Week 1: Gyms & Elites - Themes & Changes

I guess Alder will be removed and replaced with the Black and White player character, Hilda or Hilbert, or maybe even both.

Both makes no sense in canon, as the opposite gender counterpart has no relations to you. It's either one or the other.

Hilbert becomes The Champion Hilda becomes a subway boss for triple battle/rotation battle Trains Cheren becomes a gym leader or elite four member and Bianca become Professor Juniper assistant

Here's my bet:
Leader 1: Roxanne
Leader 2: Brawly
Leader 3: Wattson
Leader 4: Flannery
Leader 5: Brendan
Leader 6: Winona
Leader 7: Tate & Liza
Leader 8: Wallace
Elite 1: Sidney
Elite 2: Phoebe
Elite 3: Glacia
Elite 4: Drake
Champion: Norman
Post-Champion: Steven

Yup. I'm guessing for some quite radical changes for this one.

They wouldn't go that far. Not for a sequel. That list looks more suited to a Ruby/Sapphire remake rather than Black/White remake.

Speculating for a remake is hardly radical change. I think a scenario with a new region and new gyms (like I'm speculating)is more radical.

1. Who the changed gym leaders and elites will be
Both 8th gym leaders get replaced
Adeku will be replaced
Straiton Triplets may get replaced if they are not the fight will be very different
1a. Bonus points if you can guess the reasons for the gym leader or elite moving on from their position or getting replaced
Drayden focuses more in being the mayor and decides he's too old, Iris gets kidnapped and or disappears.
Triplets are Triad
1b. Extra bonus points if you can guess who the new gym leader or elite will be, assuming it's a character who already exists in the franchise
Cheren will become Champion or Straighton gym leader.

2. Any changes to the actual order of the gyms
You will start in Black City or white Forest go to Nimbasa and then north so it will 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 3rd 2nd 1st

I don't know how to word this, but I'll throw up that the story will develop in a completely different way in where you don't collect Gym Badges as a main goal.

But that doesn't really answer what's being asked, does it? For the sake of simplicity, I will pressume the questions are specifically about the Unova league.
So to actually answer this...

Alder leaves his Champion spot along everything to do with the League. He leaves for personal training, a journey to better mind and trainer skills.
Iris will have taken over the Dragon Gym in Black 2, and Drayden will have taken it in White 2.

None of the Unova leaders have an apparent order and can be fought as the player wishes, just like the Kanto leaders.

Iris and Drayden, Caitlin, and Alder.

1a. Bonus points if you can guess the reasons for the gym leader or elite moving on from their position or getting replaced
Iris in Drayeden to play a more important part of the story, like helping to awake the Tao Trio or Kyurem. Caitlin to help Cynthia or something... (vague, I know but whatever...) Alder just because. :p

1b. Extra bonus points if you can guess who the new gym leader or elite will be, assuming it's a character who already exists in the franchise
N as the 8th gym leader, Hilbert/Hilda as the new champion.

Um... Nah.

It should be remembered that indeed, these games were just previously announced, so not many changes can be applied that drastically alter the game's complexion, just minor things.

@Mijzelffan is probably going to win this one. I'm not kidding.

We'll have an entirely new set of gym leaders.

1. I believe we will be getting a Triple Battle in Striaton, a double battle in Drayden and Iris town. No one else will change.
2. I could see some Bianca and Cheren double battles. Possibly them taking part in the triple battle in Striaton. Maybe a triple battle with Shadow Triad as well

Striaton Gym- Will probably stay the same as it is in BW, but post game, if the striaton trio are the Shadow triads, there will be one new Gym Leader. I'm leaning towards Cheren with this one.
Nacrene Gym- Same Leader, just older
Castelia- Same Leader, just older
Nimbasa- Same Leader, Just older
Driftveil- Toughie. I don't see Clay as the Gym leader. I see a new character replacing him.
Mistralton- Same leader, just older
Icirrus- Again, a tough one. Maybe a new character to replace Brycen.
Opelucid- definitely Iris.

Elite four probably won't change. I want the Champion to be Drayden.

Striaton Trio- Shadow Triad revelation
Clay- Retired, wants to focus more on his business
Brycen- Retired.
Drayden- Champion promotion
Alder- Retired.

No changes

Last edited:

I would consider this speculation a complete guess.

I would say that Alder is currently out of the picture, instead will be a person who helps in the story and Cheren will be champion.. On a guess here since we know nothing yet, and that includes Hilbert/Hilda will be a standalone trainer like Red in HG/SS/G/S/C, probably in Nuvema town.

Alder was beaten by Cheren and he went to be champion, but Hilbert/Hilda continued to search for N and Ghestis and couldn't continue on with being the champion.

Look at 1.)

You can either battle Clay or Elesa in any way you want, (if you battle Clay first, you can go through Chargestone cave to continue to Mistralton City to fight Skyla, but you have to finish off Elesa before continuing to Icirrus)

@Archaic To answer your question: uuuum it's uuum about uuum how much uuum Cilan says uuum uuum. Also if we don't take stupid risks we have less chance at winning.

1. Who the changed Gym Leaders and Elites will be

Clay leaves the gym in charge of Charles the motorcyclist.

In order for Clay to take more care of his mining operations, he leaves Charles in charge of it.

As I said, Charles.

Lenora becomes third, Burgh becomes second.

I think the first 4 gyms will stay the same. They will of course have a few things fixed like teams and gym puzzles.
After you beat Elesa you head in the opposite direction to the east. The fifth gym will be in Black City (for B2) and White Forest (W2). Black City will have a new gym leader specializing in Steel types. White Forest has a new gym leader specializing in Poison types. The sixth gym will be in Undella Town. The seventh gym is in Lacunosa Town and near Kyurem for plot purpose. They would drastically change the Giant Chasm of course.I think this fits very well. Finally the 8th will remain in Opelucid City with Iris/Drayden for the different versions.
Alder will be replaced by Cheren. Alder is still able to be battled somewhere after the game ends.

Clay, Skyla and Brycen are still in the games but have different roles than before. Skyla will take you post game to another region with her now running airport. Brycen is the new guardian of Dragonspiral tower.

This is more wish than actual speculation but this was fun.

1. Who the changed gym leaders and elites will be: I believe there will be eight new gyms on the opposite side of Unova. Though, I'm unsure of the types. Perhaps the Trio Badge Leaders will split up and there will be a multi-type badge like in HG/SS's Kanto. Dark gym as well.

1a. Bonus points if you can guess the reasons for the gym leader or elite moving on from their position or getting replaced: It won't be explained.

1b. Extra bonus points if you can guess who the new gym leader or elite will be, assuming it's a character who already exists in the franchise: Perhaps Wallace will make a comeback but that would replace my statement about the Water Badge.

2. Any changes to the actual order of the gyms: No.

Alder, Caitlin, the Striaton trio, and the Opelucid leaders

Alder retires to train and help new trainers, so we still see him throughout the game like we did in BW. Cheren becomes champion when Alder retires. (You could tell in BW that Alder thought he would be a good trainer.) Iris takes over as gym leader when Drayden thinks she is ready, and Drayden joins the Elite Four to replace Caitlin, who returns to the Battle Frontier. Instead of only battling one of the Striaton leaders, you battle all three of them, probably in a triple or rotation battle. The others stay the same.

I said that up there already, didn't I? Oh well.

Lenora comes after Burgh, because she will make you get something from him before she'll battle you, and he won't give it to you without a battle.

I reckon Drayden will leave and Iris will stay as the only Opelucid City gym leader. I'm guessing that Clay will leave too, and I'm guessing that Alder will resign as champion as well.

Drayden will decide to just let Iris run the gym seeing as she is pretty young and has more of a life in front of her. Clay will resign as he wants to go to other regions (aka. Sinnoh to visit Iron Island and/or Oreburgh Mine). Alder will resign due to the Team Plasma fiasco that he never wants to happen again.

The new gym leader to replace Clay would Roark, because he wants to shift away from being a Rock gym leader and be a Ground gym leader like his father. I'm guessing that Alder would be replaced by Cheren to give some nostalgic vibes.

Nacrene Gym will be moved to the third gym, and Castelia Gym will be moved to the second gym. Iccirus Gym will be moved to the sixth gym and Mistralton Gym will be moved to the seventh gym.

After the story ends, the Striaton Gym leaders will be replaced by one new character.
Because they were caught being (exposed as) the Shadow Triad.
It will be a new character.
No.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom