• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Topic 1: Gyms & Elites - Themes & Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Week 1: Gyms & Elites - Themes & Changes

1. Who the changed gym leaders and elites will be?
Iris is the Opelucid Gym Leader in Black 2 while Drayden is the Leader in White 2. You can challenge the Striaton Trio in a Triple Battle.
1a. No reasons.
1b. No new people.
2. Any changes to the actual order of the gyms?
Everyone stays the same.

Re: Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Week 1: Gyms & Elites - Themes & Changes

1. Who the changed gym leaders and elites will be

-Lenora, Burgh, Elesa, Skyla, Clay, Brycen, and the Striaton Trio will stay the same.
-Iris will become the leader of the Opelucid Gym.
-Drayden will become an Elite Four member.

1a. Bonus points if you can guess the reasons for the gym leader or elite moving on from their position or getting replaced

-Iris aging and gaining more experience.
-Pokemon League recognizing the Spartan Mayor's talents and abilities, and and him becoming the Pokemon League's new Elite Four member.

1b. Extra bonus points if you can guess who the new gym leader or elite will be, assuming it's a character who already exists in the franchise

-Iris replaces Drayden.
-Drayden replaces Caitlin or Shauntal, and is the final Elite Four member before you face the champ.
-Alder keeps his place as the champion.
2. Any changes to the actual order of the gyms
Nope.

Half of the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four will be changed. The Gym Leaders being changed are the Striaton Triplets, Clay, Lenora and Drayden, the changed Elite Four members being Shauntal and Grimsley.

1a. Bonus points if you can guess the reasons for the gym leader or elite moving on from their position or getting replaced

The Striaton Triplets and Grimsley have mysteriously disappeared, whilst all the others have retired to concentrate on their work: Clay to run his businesses, Lenora has left for an archeology expedition, Drayden to become a better mayor for Opelucid and Shauntal to become a book author.

1b. Extra bonus points if you can guess who the new gym leader or elite will be, assuming it's a character who already exists in the franchise

Most of the replacements will be new, expect Shauntal' who is replaced by Dahlia from Sinnoh's Battle Frontier.

Huh, what's with everyone wanting Straiton being 3rd?

cause we want the Brother to have better and stronger teams! And it would be great to have a mission were U can go surf from Castelia to the routes around Striaton 17 and 18, i think!? I would give Cilan Simisage, Liligant and whismicot, Cress Simipour,Frilish, and the Luvdisc look alike, and chili simisear, heatmor and Darmantian
Cause the first gym was pretty booring in comparation with Sinnoh or Hoen or Kanto? The Johto one was booring as well

1. Everyone stays the same except for Brycen and Elesa who are out doing acting and modeling jobs respectively while leaving the Gym to some new people. Also, Striaton Brothers team up against you alone.
The people who replace Elesa and Brycen will be new people.
2. The order will be the same.

Alder is no longer Champion
Skyla isn't the Mistralton City gym Leader.
Drayden is not the Opelucid City gym leader in B2, Iris is not the gym leader in W2

Cheren challenges Alder and wins, achieving his dream of becoming champion (and we later squash his happy mood >:D by beating him)
Skyla is helping the player character get to places with her cargo ship, so her granddad covers for her in the meantime
Drayden feels that Iris was now truly a master of dragon Pokemon, so he feels comfortable retiring. In white, Drayden is feeling rejuvenated from his break from being a gym leader (I'm just assuming he was the gym leader before Iris took over), wants back in on the action and Iris respectfully defers to him.

Cheren is the new Champion
Skyla's granddad returns as the Mistralton City gym leader
In W2 Drayden is the Opelucid City gym leader
In B2 Iris is the Opelucid City gym leader

I say we go backwards, so Opelucid City, Icirrus, Mistralton, Driftveil, Nimbasa, Castelia, Nacrene, and finally Striaton

Here's my bet:
Leader 1: Roxanne
Leader 2: Brawly
Leader 3: Wattson
Leader 4: Flannery
Leader 5: Brendan
Leader 6: Winona
Leader 7: Tate & Liza
Leader 8: Wallace
Elite 1: Sidney
Elite 2: Phoebe
Elite 3: Glacia
Elite 4: Drake
Champion: Norman
Post-Champion: Steven

Yup. I'm guessing for some quite radical changes for this one.

I have a couple of ideas of where this will go, so I'm going to pick he most reasonable one:

As these are sequels to the originals, not remakes or spin-offs and technically not a third version (at least according to me), I don't think there will be many changes to the actual Gym Leaders or Elites. What I do think will change is:
-The Striaton Leaders will all battle you in a one-on-one fashion. Instead of having to battle just one, you get the opportunity for all of them.
-Iris/Drayden will battle you in a double battle in both versions.

I think the Gyms will stay in the same order that we have seen in the originals.

1. Who the changed gym leaders and elites will be:
I think it will be the same as Black and White except if we're going by the " Striation triplets are the Shadow Triad theory" they will be replaced by 3 new gym leaders. Also if the Player Characters have changed, Cheren may replace Caitlin as part of the Elite 4.

2. Any changes to the order of the gyms
Unless you start in a different city, no, the exact same order as before.

Okay. Here goes:

Striaton Gym: (I think this counts) Instead of battling either Chili, Cress, or Cilan, you battle all three of them in a triple battle.

Opelucid Gym: Alder is the new gym leader.

Champion: N.

Drayden won't be the Gym Leader anymore. Iris will have taken over as Gym Leader.
Alder won't be Champion.

If the PC is different then Cheren will be the Champion.

No I don't think it will change.

1. Who the changed gym leaders and elite four will be:
Everyone stays the same (minus roster changes of course) and Cilan, Cress, and Chilli challenge you to a triple battle and Iris and Drayden run the Opelucid Gym together and will challenge you to a double battle. They'll ramble about how working together and bringing technology and nature together can be accomplished for pokemon and human alike.

2. Any changes to the actual order of gyms
Nope.

Heck why not:

I believe the triplets will stay the first gym but you fight them as a trio, and once you beat them on the next visit to the city the gym/cafe will be abandoned
Lenora will team up with her husband making it a double battle team
Burgh will stay the same
Elesa will have moved on
Clay and Skyla stay the same
Brycen will take on an apprentice to have a double battle with
Iris and Drayden will team up

Triplets gym gets abandoned due to the Triad stuff
Lenora's husband is feeling distant from her so he thought they could grow closer through team battles
Elesa saw the battle frontier and immidiately saw a business opportunity to create a theme park and is overseeing its construction
Brycen loves ice types so much he decided he would like to pass on his knowledge to an apprentice
Drayden acknowledged Iris as an equal and is honored to fight beside her as an equal
Cheren becomes champion

No clue

Lenora and Burgh switch places

Roster changes will happen

Considering this a sequel like GSC, I'm certain that IF we're back in the same place we were before (which I highly doubt), that a few of the Gym Leaders will quit and be replaced.

Many of the Gym Leaders will be the same. The Striaton Gym will more than likely do Triple Battles, and one of the Gym Leaders will possibly move to the Elite Four. Probably Brycen. The Elite Four will be different, I believe Marshall and Caitlin will drop out in exchange for Brycen and someone new (kinda like Will and Karen from GSC). The Champion will more than likely be Cheren.
1a. Bonus points if you can guess the reasons for the gym leader or elite moving on from their position or getting replaced:
Not a lot is known about Brycen, but we can assume he trains a lot and gets stronger; Strong enough to where he might be able to get a spot in the Elite Four. Alder and Marshall quit to investigate something OR to train. Caitlin, as others said, might be drawn to the Battle Subway. Cheren finally gets his wish to become the Champion of the Unova Region.
1b. Extra bonus points if you can guess who the new gym leader or elite will be, assuming it's a character who already exists in the franchise:
Cheren, Brycen, ect. I still can't say who would take over Brycen's Gym, possibly Psychic/Fighting since we might not see those types in the Elite Four.
As in Gym Leaders switching to other Gyms and turning it into their own? I don't think so. I think the Gyms will keep their positions. The puzzles could be different but I believe they'll stay where they are at.

Of course, I think the game will take place in a different part of the Unova Region. Does anyone honestly think Nintendo wants us to replay BW? No. So guessing new Gym Leaders is somewhat pointless (no offense), because there were probably be 8 new Gym Leaders to battle (possibly more depending on if we get Double/Triple battle Gym Leaders).

It's a sequel, and at the end of BW, Looker mentions seeing N in a far off region. The game will take place in that region, as such, we will have new gym leaders with the following typing (in no particular order): fighting, rock, steel, dark, ghost, psychic, poison and reusing some of the old types to fill in the rest. Perhaps we may even get a call-back to the Striaton brothers and have a gym with three leaders either using the fighting/dark/psychic triad, or going with a supernatural-themes triad with ghost/(dark OR fighting)/psychic. The reason I placed dark or fighting in the supernatural triad is because of aura. In a plot twist, these guys wind up being the Shadow Triad, and the Striaton brothers really were just late for the show.

When you get to play in the Unova part again, you get to battle the Striaton brothers in a triple/rotation battle depending on whether your game is Black2 or White2, and changes in the Elite 4 roster include Darach and Caitlin being the first to ever do a double battle in the Elite 4. Iris and Drayden will also challenge you in a double battle.

Like I said, the game will take place in a new region, we'll get new gym leaders. As for the reason why Caitlin and Darach battle, an interview awhile back suggests that Darach is looking over Caitlin, and ingame evidence toward this is the biker gang who names themselves after the trainer's strongest Pokemon who defeats them--the Black Empoleon.

In the Unova section, being revisited in the sequels means that the order you battle will largely depend on your own choosing. Though, the first gym leader you'd likely encounter due to Castelia City is Burgh. Afterwards, the choice is yours on which direction you want to move, but order of encounter if you try to go to Nuvema Town is Lenora then the Striaton Brothers. Order of gym leaders if you decide to go north from there is the same as the originals in terms of who you first encounter.

1a/b) Who the changed Gym Leaders and Elites will be

The Striaton Gym was interesting, just implemented badly in the first game. Also, who would replace them if they changed, anyway? The only difference I can predict is maybe you battle each brother one after the other, starting with the monkey your starter is strong against and ending with the one its weak to.

Lenora has left Nacrene City and moved to Castelia, moving her exhibits there too. She has opened a new Museum there and is no longer a gym leader. Burgh was finding the city too crowded and noisy and has taken over the gym in Nacrene city and turned the Museum into a full-fledged Art Gallery and Bug gym. He also wanted to be closer to Pinwheel forest.

Castelia City has a brand new gym leader, using Steel types.

Nimbasa city remains pretty much unchanged with Elesa remaining as the gym leader.

Clay has left Driveil City and moved to Icirrus City to be closer to to Twist Mountain to tie in with his job. A new gym leader has taken over the gym and uses Fighting Type Pokémon. The gym is probably set on a docked shipping boat.

Mistralton City is unchanged, with Skyla remaining as a gym leader. Maybe she could transport the player to either a new/returning region/area later.

Brycen has replaced Caitlin at the Elite Four and Clay has opened a gym in Icirrus city instead.

In Pokémon Black, Iris has become the official, full time Leader of the Opelucid, while Drayden is retired. In White, Iris is traveling Unova and Drayden remains head of the gym. They can be battled together after the main game in a double battle.

Shauntal and Grimsley remain in their positions in the Elite Four. Brycen has replaced Caitlin and Marshal has resigned, and is training somewhere. A poison type user has replaced him. The champion is Cheren.

2) Any changes to the actual order of the gyms

I doubt that Nuvema Town will act as the hometown for the player this time round. Instead I guess that they live in Nacrene City and receive their starter pokémon from Bianca, who now works alongside Professor Juniper. Then they are asked to go to Nuvema Town to meet the professor. When you first enter Striaton City you won't be able to battle Cilan, Chili and Cress. It's only after you meet the professer when you're able to challenge the gym.

Also the gym leader in Castelia City will only battle you after you have four gym badges. Other than that, the order remains the same.

I guess Alder will be removed and replaced with the Black and White player character, Hilda or Hilbert, or maybe even both.

I think that most of the Gym Leaders will remain the same. The Stration triplets may actually be the Shadow Triad, and if so, they may be replaced (or eventually be replaced, at least) with another trainer. Cheren may be the one who takes their place.

I think Marshal of the Elite Four may be replaced by Alder or Cheren (if Cheren didn't take over as a Gym Leader). The Champion may be Hilbert/Hilda. It's possible that you play as Hilbert/Hilda in B/W 2, as the champion of Unova.

If you see where I'm going with this, yes; you may not even have to beat all the Gyms/The Elite Four, being the champion. There will probably be some kind of optional battles with them, though.

My logic behind this is that since this is very likely the first real direct sequel to a main series game, having to go on the regular quest again would be repetitive. Instead, this game will focus mainly on plot. I think my theory is a little unlikely, but if I'm right, it will score me a lot of points.

Striaton Gym will be a triple battle or rotation battle (depending on which version you have) in which you will technically be battling all three leaders. This will force you to have at least 3 Pokemon by the first gym, so it will encourage building a more balanced team. It will also introduce rotation and triple battles really early, so there can be more of them throughout the game.

Brycen and Grimsley will switch places. Brycen will be an Elite Four Member and Grimsley will be the 7th gym leader. This will happen because Brycen will go back to his icy cave to train and will eventually become much stronger. Grimsley will fall to a Gym Leader because he will realized he missed out a lot in his life as a Pokemon Trainer because of his gambling problem. He will send his (level 48-50) Pokemon to live with his rich family and start raising new Pokemon (which will only get to level 37-40).

Iris will be the only Gym Leader of Opelucid City because Drayden will need to leave the city to deal with Kyurem.

I first thought this might be a sequel with Hoenn as the main region... but there are too many factors that's preventing the possibility - especially Kyurem's new forms.

So, here's what we're looking for you to have a shot at

Alder, Cheren, Grimsley, and Drayden/Iris.

Alder will be a hidden boss around the region, and Cheren will be the rival who's the champion, like how Blue was in Gen1.
Grimsley gambled and won lots of money (finally) - and therefore, bought Black City and built his gym there. Or, maybe Black City had been his family's heritage for years.
Drayden joins the Elite Four, and Iris becomes the keeper of Dragon Spiral Tower

Grimsley becomes the eighth gym leader - its also time we had a Dark-type gym leader by now.
Drayden joins Elite Four

I think the map is going to change, and we'd probably be able to move through cities via different routes.
1st gym - Striaton - triple/rotation battle
2nd gym - Burgh. same
3rd gym - Lenora. same.
4th gym -Skyla. Sorry, but she was too weak for a 6th gym leader.
5th gym - Clay. Same
6th gym - Elesa. One of her Emolgas get replaced by a Galvantula or an Eelecktross.
7th gym - Brycen. Same.
8th gym - Grimsley in Black City. I'm guessing that B2W2 will BOTH have Black City and White Forest in both of their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom