• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Champion and Elite Four Speculation

Here's a thought...
What if Leon's team consists of some Pokemon used by past Champions...

Charizard (Fire/Flying)
Garchomp (Dragon/Ground)
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)

Whilst also having Gen 8 Pokemon, including his Ace.

If those marks on his cape are referencing to the league and every galarian champion should wear it all the time then I will NEVER end this game

Do you think they will force that on the player?
That's why I used if , and if they force the player to wear that sports shirt against the E4 and Leon like when facing the gym leaders, then wearing "the champion cape" would at least make sense like I said in the first reply. Anyway, I don't want any of this to happen , I wanna defeat Leon wearing a stupid ugly cheap style, and feed his cape to garbodor (unless masuda thanos snapped it)

That's why I used if , and if they force the player to wear that sports shirt against the E4 and Leon like when facing the gym leaders, then wearing the champion cape would at least make sense like I said in the first reply. Anyway, I don't want any of this to happen , I wanna defeat Leon wearing a stupid ugly cheap style, and feed his cape to garbodor (unless masuda thanos snapped it)
Then again, at worse, it's just a customization option and at best, it's exclusive to Leon (like it should be).

Leon won the Championship in his first-ever Gym Challenge—without being defeated in battle a single time. To this day, his winning streak continues to grow ever longer, and his formidable talent for Pokémon battles is truly unmatched. He’s aided in his countless victories by his partner Charizard, and he’s known to go all out during battles, no matter who he’s facing.

I didn't realize that Leon is simply Alain, but with a tan and a different name.

I thought of opening a new thread, but I think posting here is fine as well.

With the news of the Champion Cup and ‘rivals’ appearing in it, how many detailed characters do you think will be present in it? They might shift E4 to more challengers/rivals.

Also, based on the new trailer it’s quite safe to say the Wembley-like pink stadium is the stage of the Champions Cup.

I thought of opening a new thread, but I think posting here is fine as well.

With the news of the Champion Cup and ‘rivals’ appearing in it, how many detailed characters do you think will be present in it? They might shift E4 to more challengers/rivals.

Also, based on the new trailer it’s quite safe to say the Wembley-like pink stadium is the stage of the Champions Cup.
Wait, you're saying that there's a chance they will replace E4 with a tournament? I'm sold.

Just a casual thought, but I wondered if maybe the opposite-version Gym Leader (Allister/Bea) would appear as an "exemplary Trainer" in the Cup.

I was thinking like the anime, after defeating the tournament, you then challenge the Elite Four before facing Leon. Just like the Sinnoh League in the anime.

Wait, you're saying that there's a chance they will replace E4 with a tournament? I'm sold.
It’s stated as such in the site, about the Champions Cup.

Just a casual thought, but I wondered if maybe the opposite-version Gym Leader (Allister/Bea) would appear as an "exemplary Trainer" in the Cup.
Possibly. It’d might make the opposite GL relevant to the story.
I was thinking like the anime, after defeating the tournament, you then challenge the Elite Four before facing Leon. Just like the Sinnoh League in the anime.
I wouldn’t say it’s impossible, but from all the info on the League in Galar, it appears fairly different then the previous ones.

Considering that the tournament is held only one per year, and that there’s no other chances to become champion, why wouldn’t the E4 partecipate in the tournament as well?

Yeah I'm starting to think there is no elite 4, rather you'll fight in a bracket style tournament before you face Leon, so possibly 4 fights

Yeah I've started to notice the lack of Gyms, lack of E4, lack of a few things. This looks like the effects of GF making the games more and more simpler and easier for kids since Gen 6

Yeah I've started to notice the lack of Gyms, lack of E4, lack of a few things. This looks like the effects of GF making the games more and more simpler and easier for kids since Gen 6
I don't know. The E4 thing was boring in the first place for me. I would rather have a tournament with possibly different opponents each time over the same four guys over and over again.

The lack of gyms is referred to SM and USUM, correct?

I wouldn’t put in the same category, although it’s a fairly subjective manner.

If the characters in the tournament are flashed out as the E4 and not random trainers, I prefer the tournament style of Galar to the normal E4 challenge.

Also, the only game where they were somehow relevant was in Gen 7, because three out ornaments four where Kahunas or Trial Captain, and you encounter them before and several times.

If we’re talking about making the game easier, I’d agree on principle, but the problem doesn’t lie in the format on the League, expecially because it’ll still be, likely, 4 fights before the champion (actually, it might make it harder in theory since they can scrape the monotype E4). The problem is making the battles more challenging, which can be accomplished in both format (and to be perfectly honest, it wasn’t always that hard in the past as well.)

I don't know. The E4 thing was boring in the first place for me. I would rather have a tournament with possibly different opponents each time over the same four guys over and over again.
Having the fights of the tournament not being scripted would be actually really interesting, but I won’t place my hopes in it.

Back
Top Bottom