• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Sorry for the double post, but I got two more shinies today! I made a water sandwich, and after a few minutes I found it… a shiny scrafty. No idea how that one happened. I left the squirtles I was sifting through painfully, and headed to the great crater. Found a shiny iron bundle, which I actually like quite a bit!

Ran into a shiny Drifloon in a new playthrough of Scarlet. Full odds and everything. I was exploring the area where the Normal Tera Scyther lurks when I encountered a pack (flock?) of Drifloon. I saw the yellow one and thought it was a Flittle at first (since there were a number of them nearby) only to quickly realize that it was a shiny Drifloon. Caught it and named it Floatia. First shiny of the playthrough, and one of my favorite shinies, too.

Today, I was level grinding Arbok in Y on Route 11 and attracted a horde of Nidoran, and the Nidoran-F was a Shiny. I took down all the males, used Vileplume's Sleep Powder, and caught the female one in just one Luxury Ball. She is Lax and sadly lacks Hustle, but at least her IVs are "relatively superior". Then, I saved.

I had quite a few days of shiny hunting in legends arceus… so here what I got! And by shiny hunting I mostly mean looking for massive mass outbreaks, and seeing if there’s anything in any.

Gabite x3
Dewott
Abra
H-Growlithe
Magmar
Staravia
Aipom
Budew
Rosalia x2
Vulpix
Chansey
Shellos