• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN047: Pokémon Champion! The Battle of Big Eaters!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Screenplay 宮田由佳 (Yuka Miyata)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 野田泰宏 (Yasuhiro Noda)
Animation Director 大西雅也 (Masaya Onishi)

This episode will have guest appearances from the comedian trio 3ji no Heroine, who you should know as the host the Pokemon anime promo segments on Oha Suta.

If episode 48 is a Pikachu episode, episode 49 is the Eevee episode most likely.

Turns out 48 is a Pikachu episode

This episode will have guest appearances from the comedian trio 3ji no Heroine

Turns out 48 is a Pikachu episode

And it's having a guest appearance by a comedy duo...

Ooooh, the TRio isn't going to like this one bit...:oops:

So many guest appearances @_@

This is reminding me of the latest Scooby Doo series (Scooby Doo and Guess Who), since that series revolves around celebrity guest stars...

Luckily however, the Pokemon anime has not had a "Scrappy Doo" phase

Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Go and Hoshigarisu have decided to enter the "Big Eater Tournament" in Kuchiba City. There are tough opponents there to contend with, like last tournament's winner Kabigon and the globetrotting legend of the competitive eating world Burshamo, but Go has a surprising plan for winning. However, the Rocket Gang have been confused for the tournament's organizers and are working on some sort of nasty plot......

Skowvet evolution incoming!

Seems like Team Rocket will be moderating for some of it, so that’ll be nice. No mention of Morpeko, though it might be involved in their schemes. I wonder if Ash will also be competing.

Yeah, if Morpeko isn't featured in an eating contest episode that includes Team Rocket then that's a wasted opportunity.

Unfortanetly "wasted opportunity" and "Team Rocket" are terms that tend to go hand in hand in the anime. And I'm sick of it.

Gatcha mon of the week:

What freaking gatcha?. Use your freaking Morpeko already you morons. And Chewtle too.

Hmm, a big eater Blaziken sounds like a subtle allusion to May, in the same vein as episode 8 to Dawn/Brock.

It's sad that Ash has to sit out all of these non-battle contests, he has no shortage of potential contenders. I guess this will be primarily a comedy filler considering the guest VAs, we'll see how it turns out. My hope is that TRio will end up commentating the event just like they did with the Battle Royals in SM.

Unfortanetly "wasted opportunity" and "Team Rocket" are terms that tend to go hand in hand in the anime. And I'm sick of it.

Gatcha mon of the week:

What freaking gatcha?. Use your freaking Morpeko already you morons. And Chewtle too.
Even better, actually catch something! In a Poké Ball! And! Carry! It! Around! With! You!
This is what I dislike most of all about the Prize Master thing and my biggest problem with the TRio in this particular series, none of them are actually bonding with these Pokémon. It's unbelievably jarring to come to this after how tight they got with Mimikyu and Mareanie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom