• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN041: The Great Pikachu Dubbing Operation! / Half a Numacraw

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the TRio segment will be entertaining, they've been on point this series. I find it funny that they have been secretly filming Ash and Pikachu, seeing what kind of clips they have will surely be amusing too. The Marshtomp bit I'm less confident about, but really for comedy episodes like this, it's all in the execution. Even a mundane sounding premise can become an awesome episode with the right people behind it.

Last edited:
It seems like they want to put these two-part comedy episodes before big Galar segments where big story stuff will happen.

The Magikarp/Slowking was right before the Farfetch’d/Sobble two-parter and the Pikachu Dubbing/Marshtomp two-parter is right before the Darkest Day.

The Magikarp/Slowking two-parter was funny so I hope this one delivers the same feeling. The over the top wackiness was good. I would’ve preferred a normal episode though.

Last edited:
The Rocket Gang Nyarth is laid up with a cold. Musashi and Kojiro, who have thus far been relying on his interpretations to understand what Satoshi and Pikachu talk about, decide to take the opportunity to train themselves so they can understand it on their own! They watch video footage of Pikachu that they've secretly recorded and dub over it, but...?!

Sorry, but this sounds amazing. Should be funny to hear what Jessie and James assume Pikachu is talking about.

The second half definitely sounds less interesting, more like your typical filler fare. But I'll take any episode like that over one that features a COTD. Journeys' COTDs have been particularly unbearable, for the most part.

The only part that interests me is that the first half is the TRio getting it all to themselves in what sounds like an Ash-free episode.

...too bad it sounds like a thinly veiled clip show. :sick:

Oh, and NO ONE is getting Marshstomp or Ludicolo. Captures to not happen in filler. Even with Goh making needless captures in almost every episode. Stop trying to make this busywork episode more than it is, folks.

The only part that interests me is that the first half is the TRio getting it all to themselves in what sounds like an Ash-free episode.

...too bad it sounds like a thinly veiled clip show. :sick:

Oh, and NO ONE is getting Marshstomp or Ludicolo. Captures to not happen in filler. Even with Goh making needless captures in almost every episode. Stop trying to make this busywork episode more than it is, folks.
We don't know that it is going to be filler. The episode hasn't aired yet.

"Oh look guys, we're giving you some vague Brock nostalgia without anything of actual substance."

How is TRio learning to understand Pikachuspeak or Ash and Goh helping a PotD not a filler?
We don't know if Marshtomp is a POTD. I don't think that they would put a random POTD that's not even from the current gen on a poster where everything else on it as a main character's Pokemon, a super popular Pokemon, a Pokemon from the current gen, a Legendary Pokemon, or a combination of these.

They made the iconic duo of Piplup and Croagunk (and even Ho-oh) PotDs in what were two back to back fillers revolving around bait advertising. Then there's the fact that outside of the Marshtomp on the poster, there's not much else going for this episode.

Remember when it was speculated that Ash would catch a Slowking/Slowpoke in JN026? It's this same scenario again.
Slowking was never on a poster advertising upcoming episodes.

Well, looking at the summary, the first part seems fairly interesting, as Team Rocket is one of the sources of comedy (poor Meowth). The second part of this filler though could be pretty boring. There may be more significance in it, but why would they write an episode where they encounter a Marshtomp stuck in the ground? (other than Brock reference and assuming no catches are happening as it might be a filler) What will it do, dance out of it with the Ludicolo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom