• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN037: I'm Back, Nice to Meet You, Alola!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the fact that we might get 2 episodes in Alola. This one and aerodactyl.
I'm very interested in seeing the baby situation, because that would be the first time the anime clearly shows time has passed. (Not just that the narrator said so)
I want the reserves to return, nonetheless, since an episode with Bea will come, I only want the reserves to be used if we get a t vs 5 or a 6 vs 6. Riolu and farfetch'd need their revenge.
Even if reserves get back, I hope they stay at Cerise's and that it'll be, max, 2 at the time.

What tickles my curiosity most of all will be the level of continuity and how that relates going forward, will they acknowledge Ash as being the Alola Champion in front of Gou and will that change his perception on Ash? Will Burnet finally have that baby or will she be doomed to eternal pregnancy? Will Ash actually take his Alolan 'mons with him for the PWC or will they just be relegated to the obligatory cameo for this episode?

:unsure:

i want to remind we didnt see lillie on the shot of the alola gang during the op new animations so we maybe see more down the line we are just in the 30's (i think would be oddly in episode by now if the hiatus didnt hit)

I wonder if Ash's classmates will become Trial Captains like in the games after the Alola League
I doubt it. The concept of Trial Captain doesn’t seem to exist within the anime with trials happening independent of anyone being put in charge of them. Besides, of the cast, the only one I can see really fitting that mold is Kiawe due to his goal of becoming a kahuna.

The title :love:

I really hope this is more than just one episode. The next one looks like it may be Alola as well, but I'll wait to get my hopes up until there's confirmation. There's so much I want to see and I don't think it would all fit in one episode. I definitely want to know what the classmates have been up to, see Ash's Alola Pokemon, and maybe most importantly to me, paying a visit to Kukui and Burnet.

Seriously, as excited as I am for the Alola episode(s) and seeing the classmates again (they're my second favorite companion group of all time) I will automatically take points off if we don't see Kukui and Burnet. They were just as integral to SM as the classmates and leaving them out would be a major misstep.

But if she's not visibly pregnant in Pocket Monsters (2019) then that just proves that the little extra scene after the final episode of Sun & Moon is a future event that hasn't happened yet. If that was the case then that wouldn't be a retcon at all.

But of course, as you said, there's no guarantee she or her husband will even appear in the new series in the first place. We'll just have to wait and see.
It would be pretty unusual to show a time skip of a character, only to check back in with said character later, before the time skip even occurred. Other scenes in that "time skip sequence" don't appear to be that far off either, for instance Lillie and her family are still on the boat and Rotom Dex is starting his new job. In addition, each of the students were traveling for their summer vacation at the end of SM. Due to it's placement, it's safe to assume that the pregnancy scene occurs after they leave and before they return, so if they are back in Alola in this episode then that proves a substantial chunk of time has passed.

I think people overestimate the writer's aversion to the time flow in this series. No one is expected to believe that time doesn't pass at a fairly normal rate, the characters simply don't age for plot convenience. We have no reason to believe that a baby couldn't be conceived and birthed over the course of two series'.

Last edited:
It would be kind of odd if Burnet already had the baby when Ash goes back to Alola. She didn't seem to be visibly pregnant when Ash was still there, and it takes a few months for the belly to really get round which means that scene at the end was probably a time-skip or something I dunno.

It would be kind of odd if Burnet already had the baby when Ash goes back to Alola. She didn't seem to be visibly pregnant when Ash was still there, and it takes a few months for the belly to really get round which means that scene at the end was probably a time-skip or something I dunno.
If you think that's odd, it'd going to be a full-on conspiracy when the baby's a toddler, but Ash is still 10.

If you think that's odd, it'd going to be a full-on conspiracy when the baby's a toddler, but Ash is still 10.
I would accept that time in the anime works like in Peanuts: only certain characters age, while the protagonist stays the same age.

EDIT: I already postulated that theory as a joke, but I feel this might end up true after all.

I just want Ash to take Incineroar for his revenge battle against Bea.
Although, I do hope his classmates will openly say that they've become Trial Captains as endorsed by the 4 Kahunas. Like they handpicked the available Top 16 candidates of the Alolan League to pose as a challenge for trainers who wants to join the next Alolan League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom