• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Horizons and the Story Routes in SV

UxieLover1994

Wo ist die Käse?
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
I'm up for how the Terastal Debut (and maybe onward) would adapt the four arcs from Scarlet and Violet (Victory Road, Starfall Street, Path of Legends, and The Way Home) and the extra arcs from The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero. The anime has never really been faithful with adapting story arcs from the games, and it seems to remain the case even with Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket out of the picture. So far, we're seeing Victory Road with Liko, Roy, and Dot challenging the gym leaders (but not for the badges) and maybe the Elite Four, and there's a chance that the chapter will end with a battle between Roy and Nemona, as it did in the games. Penny also made a cameo in HZ046, suggesting we could be seeing elements of Starfall Street, but maybe not a direct adaptation due to its heavier themes.

My main interest is how the anime could handle Arven, the rival featured in Path of Legends and the son of The Way Home's posthumous main antagonist, as he's the only main rival left out of the anime as of this post. Given the anime uses Naranja Acadamy, we can assume Professor Sada is the canon professor in the anime (although Professor Turo could still be included). However, the anime has never been faithful when it comes to villain arcs, and Sada could be portrayed quite differently than the professor from the games.

I could see the Rising Volt Tacklers visit Kitakami later down the line and meet Ogerpon and the Lousy Three, but it could be based more on the Mochi Mayhem bonus route. Would we also see Carmine and Kieran as well? And how would their arc be adapted?

I'm up for any thoughts on this subject, but please keep to this topic.

• Team Star: The bosses also have cool backstories that would be cool to see animated, but I feel it's not really necessary as the games give you anything you need to know so probably isn't high as a priority. Also, the bases raids could be repetitive.
  • Titans: Would be fun to see a couple but like Team Star would be repetitive to see them quickly in succession.
  • The Way Home: I'm very positive Arven is coming and that the group will explore Area Zero eventually, it's a well-liked storyline and they already have Terapagos as an excuse to go there. It's possible that like in SM we'll see more empathic versions of the professors that actually survive. Maybe they'll have Koraidon be the bully and Miraidon or the victim (solely because it looks more aggressive, though if it is it will be subdued and redeemed), or the duo will battle a shiny duo of themselves. It would last a few episodes and we'll see Terapagos' Tera form at the end.
  • Teal Mask: Kieran could work as a friendly rival that could become more villainous as time goes on, something like that only happened with Alain so it would be fresh to see. Ogerpon is really popular and she could attract some attention to the series but I don't think it's a priority, if anything it would be a two-parter just to showcase the Pokemon, and the story could be rewritten to include Pecharunt from the start.
  • Indigo Disk: Could work as a training arc like the current one, the problem is that the Elite Four still have miles to go to get the popularity of the base SV characters and when they do it might be too late.

Back
Top Bottom