• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: (Flowering Love 2024) Paldean Kids, Galarian Adven-tour!

DragonRoar87

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
My entry for Flowering Love 2024! This is my first time doing basically anything in Bulbagarden, so please be patient!

The prompt I chose was "A Dream Vacation!"

"So... what's Galar like, Penny?" Nemona asked, pulling a few of Penny's manga volumes off the bookshelves.

"Oh, it's.... normal, I guess," Penny responded. "Hey, put those back, I'm not taking those."

"Saying it's 'normal' is such a vague answer, Penny," Arven said, "I bet what Nemona really wants to know is if there are any strong Pokémon there."

"Um... I guess. I mean, doesn't every region?"

"Yeah, but what specifically?" Nemona said, "I wanna know what Pokémon Galar is known for! I wanna know what'll make me go 'ooh!' and 'ahh!'"

"W-Well, we've got Eternatus.... it kind of caused a disaster and everything.... twice."

"That! I wanna fight that!" Nemona said.

"You can't. Someone caught it already."

"Then I wanna fight them! They must be super strong if they can catch a Pokémon like Eturtletus!"

"Eternatus," Penny corrected, "And they're actually our Champion. Well, if they haven't been defeated yet. Probably not, but I haven't caught up on the Galarian news in while."

"Champion Rank, too!? Someone pinch me 'cause I must be dreaming!"

"Not Champion Rank. The Champion. We don't have the 'Champion Rank' in Galar. Instead, there's one person who you fight at the end of taking on the Galar League. Beat them, and you're the new Champion."

"Sounds.... exclusive," Nemona said, disappointed, "Isn't there enough victory for everyone?"

"Not in Galar."

"Whaaat? It sounds like your Galar League needs some serious revamping!"

"It works for us. We leave it well enough alone."

"Hmph! Well, whatever! One of these days I'm gonna travel to Galar and kick all your Gym Leaders' butts!"

"You can't," Penny said, "You need an endorsement to even participate."

Nemona's jaws dropped open.

"Careful there, Penny," Arven said, "You're crushing her dreams."

"How do you live like this!?" Nemona said incredulously.

"Um.... you get used to it?" Penny said, unsure of how to answer the question.

"Alright, that settles it!" Nemona said, "When you go to Galar, you're taking me with!"

"What!?" Penny said, "No, I'm not doing that!"

So Penny was doing it.

Nemona was practically vibrating with excitement. She was sitting on the waiting bench with Penny, clutching her Poké Ball-patterned duffel bag close to her chest.

"Oh! Oh! I think I see our ride!" she said, pointing up at the sky, at a flock of multicolored Squawkabilly.

"Not our ride, Nemona. They don't have a cart attached," Arven said, pointing out the obvious.

When Penny had finally given in to Nemona's constant Galar vacation pestering, Arven insisted that if she was going, he was going as well. Penny was initially going to deny him, but then Nemona jumped to his defense. It was nigh-impossible to get Nemona to back off once she had put her mind up to something, so Penny reluctantly gave in again.

"Oh. So they don't," Nemona said, disappointed.

"Don't worry, I'm sure it'll come soon," Penny said, "I called it down around half an hour ago."

"Really? It feels like it's been a lot longer than that!"

"Just be patient."

Arven stifled a laugh. "You've got the same chance of Nemona being patient as you do of her declining a Pokémon battle."

"I've declined Pokémon battles before!" Nemona protested.

"Really? When?"

"There was that time where... uh.... that time where...."

"Yeah, that's what I thought."

"Cállate! The point is that I can be patient too!"

"Alright, prove it. Don't complain about how long it's been until the ride gets here."

"Hah, easy-peasy! In fact, I won't talk at all! See how patient I can be!"

Penny and Arven exchanged cautious looks.

"Alright. If you say so."

"Nemona plays the Quiet Game starting.... now!" Nemona said. She crossed her arms and stared straight up at the sky, looking for her Squawkabilly salvation.

"Huh. This is.... strangely peaceful," Penny said after a minute or so of Nemona's chatterbox being shut off.

Nemona gave Penny a deeply insulted look and opened her mouth to say something, but Arven raised a finger to his lips and shushed her.

Nemona whined a wordless groan, hanging her head in mock-despair. Arven again tried to hold back is laughter to not rub salt into the wound.

"Are you sure you wanna keep completely quiet? Who knows how long it's gonna be 'til our ride gets here?" Penny said.

Nemona angrily grumbled some gibberish in response.

"Alright then. Say, Arven... would you like to have a Pokémon battle?"

Nemona's jaws fell open in shock.

"I like where your head's at!" Arven said. He tossed Nemona a mischievous smile, then reached into his bag for a Poké Ball. Penny stood up from the bench, moving a few steps away then reaching into her Eevee backpack for a Poké Ball of her own.

Nemona looked like she was trying not to scream in frustration. Suddenly she let out a gleeful yell, pointing to the sky.

"Look! Look up there!" she said, breaking her temporary vow of silence.

Four Squawkabilly with a cart attached were making a slow descent to the trio's location.

"Nemona, you said you wouldn't say anything until the ride got here," Arven said.

"And the ride is here! It's finally here! I stuck to my word and you can't say otherwise!"

"She's got you there," Penny pointed out.

"Don't take her side!"

"She's taking my side!" Nemona teased, sticking her tongue out at him.

"Well, don't rub it in!"

"I'm rubbing it in!"

"You're the worst, Nemona."

The Squawkabilly finally neared the ground, the cart making a thunk noise against the pavement as it landed.

"I'll be honest, I was kind of hoping this ride was for someone else," Arven said, "It would've been funny."

Penny nodded in agreement.

"Alright!" Nemona said, throwing her arms over Arven and Penny's shoulders, "Now, who's ready to go on an adven-tour!?"

"What!?" Penny said, "Who taught you that!?"

Nemona ignored the question, dragging her two friends into the cart and sitting down with them. "To Galar! Full speed ahead!"

"Answer me, Nemona! Who taught you that!?"

Their dynamic is something I appreciated when I've reached Area Zero for the first time, and seeing it in display is so nice. I chuckled at Nemona's mispronounciation of Eternatus's name. This was enjoyable to read through :bulbaLove:

Back
Top Bottom