• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Staff AMA Thread

What do you guys typically do on here when you're not busy w/ something else (including work on here)?
i play mafia down in twr, and you can easily spot me in plenty of f+g and otb threads :>
other than that i post things i write sometimes lol, and have a few blogs i update every so while

When I'm on, I hope I get occupied lol! I have adhd, so I have a low patience and I require having people to chat with. That's why you'll see me updating Flame & Frost. I would do it less regularly, but I get bored so quickly that I post in hopes of people responding so that I can talk lol!

What kind of music do you listen to?
Lots of kinds, but generally speaking I love some good ska. Especially that kind that mixes all the brass with some electric guitar, just delicious.
haha, I'm sure! Do you guys play Pokemon Showdown?
Yeah, sometimes. Not super often, but I do like to play some Nat Dex matches every now and then.

When I'm on, I hope I get occupied lol! I have adhd, so I have a low patience and I require having people to chat with. That's why you'll see me updating Flame & Frost. I would do it less regularly, but I get bored so quickly that I post in hopes of people responding so that I can talk lol!
There's a lot of areas on this site to get into discussion. I'd definitely recommend branching out to other sections and see how you enjoy the topics there. Also if you want a really good casual area for chat, I'd recommend checking out The Conversational Chat Thread.

Do any of you guys like Warrior Cats by Erin Hunter?
I was a huge fan of Warriors when I was a kid, it was all I ever drew fanart of or wanted to talk about for a couple of years lol. I haven't read the books or kept up with the series at all in probably a decade now, but the first arc or two are still pretty nostalgic for me.

I was a huge fan of Warriors when I was a kid, it was all I ever drew fanart of or wanted to talk about for a couple of years lol. I haven't read the books or kept up with the series at all in probably a decade now, but the first arc or two are still pretty nostalgic for me.
I didn’t realize Warriors was around for so long. And I guess it’s fine. They’re running out of ideas and have literally made the second half of a series just “a storm will come if you don’t do this”. Right now we’re just working through love problems and a murder or two (and other stuff but you get it).

Do any of you guys like Warrior Cats by Erin Hunter?
That was my go to book series as a kid! I love cats, so this was an instant click for me. Nowadays I haven't caught up with it as much as I used to, but I still consider it a pretty good series to pick up and read every once in a while.

Is anyone a skilled Gen 9 battler? If so, I might need some help making teams in Pokémon Showdown lol
nope, I'm kinda trash I'm afraid lmao

Is anyone a skilled Gen 9 battler? If so, I might need some help making teams in Pokémon Showdown lol
I'd say I was quite good from Gens V-VII, but the sheer power of Paldea and the outlandish range and variety of mechanics leaves me feeling bamboozled. There's just... so much to wrap your head around these days.

I've actually only played Just Shapes and Beats from that list, but I should definitely check out the others. :chansey: If I listed all the rhythm games I've played though, I think it'd be kinda long! So I'll keep it curated to the stuff I revisit or would like to.

I've played Cytus, Deemo, Bandori, Danmaku Kagura (RIP), Project Diva, Taiko, Muse Dash, Museca, Maimai, Jubeat, VOEZ, WACCA, Chunithm and Arcaea. Honestly when it comes to rhythm games I'm quite picky, but it's easy to get me obsessed until I become 'quite good' at them. I tried Sound Voltex, and Poppin' Music. They were a bit much for me. Dancerush Stardom (I like this one but I'm not very good at it), DDR and the like but I found they just aren't for me because I have bad foot coordination.. I'm personally a fan of more 'tactile' rhythm games these days rather than button pressing ones, I like tappy ones like mobile game ones or WACCA and Chunithm.

Chunithm is definitely my current fix though, I'd pay a lot of money I don't have to own a personal cabinet one day. If you're near an arcade, check it out!

Have any of you played any rhythm games like Just Shapes and Beats, Hi-Fi Rush, or Project Arrhythmia?
I wish, but I'm absolutely terrible at rhythm games, so I don't think I'll get very far playing one. They look fun though

Have any of you played any rhythm games like Just Shapes and Beats, Hi-Fi Rush, or Project Arrhythmia?
I've only really played a couple. Guitar Hero years ago when the PS2 was my most advanced console, and more recently Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory. I do enjoy them, but they're not really the kind of game that'll make me stick with them for very long or want to sink the cost of a full-priced game into.
What is your favorite type of Indie game
In general my taste in Indies is about the same as my overall taste in games, I like more actiony stuff, but enjoy a lot of other things besides. I do appreciate how indies are a lot more ready to offer smaller, cheaper games. Makes it a lot easier to justify taking a chance on something if it's only, like, $20-30. So I guess that's my favourite type of Indie, smaller and cheaper so it's easier to just pick up and try.

Haven't played those specifically, though I've seen some gameplay of JSaB and it looks like fun! Hi-Fi Rush also seems like a really unique concept. I've mentioned it before, but I used to be big into rhythm games during middle/high school, and now I kind of have to cautiously stay away from them because playing them too much gave me nerve damage in my wrists :') So I don't actually play them often anymore, but I like keeping up with new releases from a safe distance.

Generally, I used to play a lot of Taiko, osu!, Project Diva/Mirai, Guitar Hero, Rhythm Heaven, and still enjoy Bemani stuff like DDR and Beatmania IIDX. Nowadays I'm just looking forward to the global release of Love Live! School Idol Festival 2 next month, since I was addicted to SIF1 back in the μ's days and I really want to get back into it again.

What is your favorite type of Indie game
RPGs and horror, mostly, but I'll try pretty much anything that catches my interest. I love RPGs but I tend to not always have the patience to finish your typical lengthy JRPG campaign, so the short playtime of most indies is nice. Modern AAA horror has also become really bland to me personally so I like seeing different takes on the genre from indie developers.

A few random favorites of mine (of varying genres) would be Cave Story, Undertale/Deltarune, Ib, Yume Nikki, Pizza Tower, World of Goo... also been meaning to play Little Goody Two Shoes because I absolutely love its art and visual style.

Back
Top Bottom