• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Topic 6: What the heck happened to everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Welcome everyone to yet another entry in our speculation contests. With the latest CoroCoro scans out, a number of our plans for topics have been thrown out the window. ^^;; Thankfully though, the news also gives us some very important things to speculate on. Such as....what's happened to everyone?

We've gotten a whole new set of protagonists, and a whole new rival. If there was any doubt that these were proper sequels and not just this generation's equivalent of a 3rd game, this is it. Heck, depending on Akuroma's exact role, we might even have a new professor (who'd then be our first to not meet the plant naming convention). So, what's happened to everyone else? Where have they gone, what are they doing, what's happened to them?

We don't expect you to tell us everyone, obviously. Just mention those who you think something significant has happened to, and what you think may have happened. The player characters, rivals, professors, gym leaders, elites, and other significant NPC's are all characters whose fates you might consider. Some of them may very well be perfectly fine and safe with no real change since the first games. For those characters, you don't need to say a thing, so don't worry and think you need to list out dozens of people. ^^;;;

You're free to make your guesses as outlandish as you like. We've made a few assumptions with how we've written this post here, but you don't have to keep to them. At the same time though, keep in mind that it's in your interests to be as precise as possible. Being vague in your answer won't win you any special points. We don't mark you down for what you get wrong, we mark you up for what you get right. Being vague just means you kill your own chances to score points there.

Remember also, while you can discuss things and make as many guesses as you like, only your final guess counts. So if you're the 10th person to suggest the same thing, but the first 9 people changed their minds, and you didn't, then if that ended up being the right answer, you'd win. If you want to make your guess count, you also need to ensure that you don't edit your post. Doing so will make us simply ignore that post when it comes to figuring out the winners at the end, since it becomes too much of a pain when we have situations where a winner depends on the posting time and who settled on the correct answer first.

This thread will be closed...well, when we feel like it really. Originally we were going to make it at the end of the week, but you know what, I think we may just keep this open right up until the we actually find out what will be in the games. So...no pressure to force yourself, but none of us know when that news will be released, so you probably shouldn't wait too long. ;) When the information is leaked or announced, the thread will be closed immediately, and the closest guess before that happened will win.

It's our intention that this contest thread should not just be a place for everyone to post their guesses for the contest, but also a central place for you to discuss and speculate on this particular point. So don't be afraid to actually post your reasoning and logic here. There's no harm trying to convince everyone else that you're right after all, since it'd just mean that people aren't making different guesses to you, and you'd have the original guess on it anyway. ;)

Good luck everyone!

Re: Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Topic 6: What the heck happened to everyo

The main Player Characters from the last game have grown up and gone off to college. They are now in that odd life moment where they must balance their last few moments of schooling, while also looking for Jobs in their field. While they want to work as Pokemon trainers/gym leaders/ elites, they will probably just end up running a Poke'mart. They will make appearences in this game, but will mostly be consumed by debt from student loans.

Wait... this all sounds like someone else's life? Wonder who that could be?! ;)

Re: Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Topic 6: What the heck happened to everyo

I think that the gym leaders of Nacrene, Striaton, and Iccirus had get the people out of their towns in order to save everyone, however they got frozen as a result. The Player Characters from the last game will have moved to Hiougi City and wind up being like Red from the Johto games

SO HOPEFULLY! HILDA OR HILBERT are the Champion(depending on which character U choose!

I don't think they forget about Arragi! Akumo will probably be a friend of her or he is maybe a Villian in disguise! I read somewhere that he resembles Ghetisis! So maybe we get a new Vili!
N is awesome! and he will be back for sure while we travel to Hoenn with these plains! Cause he knows the secret!

Cheren could be an Elite 4 member or a gym leader doesn't mean he is gone! And Bel can appear in a Plot! Don't think they forgot about her especial cause people ADORE her!

For the gyms I'm for sure we will face them after the league ends and Kyurem plot ends and Unova unfroze!

Cheren- He has secluded himself in a cave a la Red and will accept the challenge of anyone who comes to battle him. He is still searching for his path in life.

Bianca- She has gotten more involved with the Pokemon Musical in Nimbasa City, and is the one who teaches the player all about them.

Professor Juniper- Is still the regional professor, but she is currently working on a research project with her father. This project has to do with Reshiram and Zekrom, based on the occurrences from two years ago, and it leads to plot stuff with Black/White Kyurem.

Hilda/Hilbert- I'm going to say that s/he is at first absent from Unova, and has instead joined Looker in a journey to search for N and Ghetsis. S/he may appear later in the game once Black/White Kyurem comes into the picture.

Striaton Triplets- In the gym leader speculation thread, I said that they would move to Driftveil and have a triple or rotation battle with you. However, with the reveal of a new water-type gym leader, I think I'll have to revise that. I still don't think they are the Shadow Triad, but I feel that they can't still be gym leaders the way they originally were. I think Cilan will remain as a grass-type gym leader by himself, but his brothers will have moved on to take a journey or find themselves or something similar. I don't think we will even meet them.

I believe that the ice on the map is only there to cover the things that they don't want us to see yet, so nobody is frozen or in danger here.

*Tries to recall the characters* ......uh....

Cheren: Is probably a Gym Leader. Maybe the 6th or 7th and specializes in the dark types. Cheren seems like the dark type kinda guy.

Bianca: An assistant for professor whatsisname? I don't see how as a trainer :/

Junipers: Cedric has retired and Aurea is still a professor that you meet post game.

Hilda/Hillbilly: Champion depending on the gender you choose. The other will probably be a subway boss.

Striaton trio: Revealed to be the shadow triad in the storyline. They are not Gym Leaders however.

Lenora: *shrug*

ugh: *shrug*

Elesa: Is hopefully still a gym leader.

Clay: Retired?

Brycen: *shrug*

Iris: *shrug*

Drayden: Originally gonna say champion but I say elite 4 at the leadt

Grimsley: still an E4 member

Caitlin: has decided to retire for some peace. Like Bianca, I don't see Caitlin as the battling type.

Shauntal: Still an E4 member

Marshal: Still an E4 member

Alder: Probably a post game extra

That's all the characters, excluding N and Ghetsis, right?

I believe Hilda and Hilbert are either somewhere in Unova or perhaps have gone to another region. Cheren is either part of the Elite 4 or the Gym leader and Bianca has become an assistant to Professor Juniper.

I have a feeling depending on what gender you choose, the protagonists from BW will be somewhere in Unova...and take a role similar to Red in GSC.

I don't know, something really makes me think that.

The playable characters from BW are the final challenge in the game; assumed to have left Unova but then found in a previously unknown/unreachable area of the game. Perhaps providing the method to 'calm' Kyurem, or find N.

Cheren is a member of the Elite Four, taking over Caitlin's position (she has returned to the Battle Frontier in Sinnoh).

Juniper remains the regional professor, and is being visited by Akuroma as he conducts his research.

Bianca is Juniper's assistant and training to be a professor herself. She and Juniper appear at various points in the game to provide info and items to the character.

Iris is the eighth leader; Drayden has become the champion. Cilan, Chili, and Cress have retired from gyms and opened a battle cafe. They are replaced by the new water-type gym. The other gym leaders are present in some capacity throughout the region.

Alder has retired from Pokemon battling. He now teaches how to use Pokemon at the new trainer school, and will pop-up from time to time in order to give the player advice and muse about the events of the last two years. After the events of the main game are completed, he steps out of retirement for one last battle against the new champion.

Ghetsis has laid low for the past two years, developing an intricate new plan involving Kyurem, the only other legendary in the region capable of providing him with the means to take power. What he does to Kyurem also has an effect on Reshiram and Zekrom; so N and the old BW player are tipped off that something is wrong in Unova. His actions result in betrayal by the Shadow Triad.

N is absent for much of the storyline, appearing near the end when Ghetsis' plan is revealed after being tipped off via the connection between Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom. Reshiram/Zekrom also fall under the control of Ghetsis, leaving the new player to find a way to break his hold on them. After he is defeated by Ghetsis his guardians, Anthea and Concordia, assist the player.

Akuroma is in league with Ghetsis; under the guise of a visiting Professor, he manipulates Juniper and Bianca into helping him research Pokemon strength. Information that he passes to Ghetsis, who uses it to control Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom.

Looker appears at the end to arrest Ghetsis and Akuroma, and this time manages to do so successfully.

The Shadow Triad, initially remaining loyal to Ghetsis, realize the full danger of his actions/intent. In order to save Unova, after N is defeated they team up with the player, Anthea, and Concordia to finish Ghetsis once and for all.

Hilda/Hilbert= gone
N= Hoenn which will be unannounced but Honn Leaguge post-game
Ghetis=Arrives with team plasma (agian) in Castelia
Trio= Cilan is Relocated to DriftVeil gym, Chili and Cress join Team Plasma
Lenora= takes Caitlin's spot in E4
Cheren= In a hidden spot in Twist Mountain (battle post E4)
Bianca= With Juniper in a Laconusa Town lab
Juniper and Cedric (see above)
Water type leader - in a hidden spot near Liberty Island
Poision Leader and 3 not introduced leaders- Island post game area (like orange islands)
E4= Same besides Shantuial
Gym Leaders=Same
Poke strength guy=Lives in Nimbasa, will eventulally go to team plasma.
Clay= retires
Fennel= Lives in Rt.4 village, will heal pokemon and same use as BW1

Abot that ice area, that will melt after E4 and South of Striaton will be gone and you get to go to Hoenn via boat where Fennel's house was is a port.

Hilda/Hilbert = Ultimate trainer, à la Red.
Cheren = Champion.
Bianca = Regional Professor-yes, the youngest ever.
Juniper = She'll appear to give the National Dex.
Cedric = Not sure, in case my predictions about Bianca and Juniper become true. If not, Cedric should be the one with the National Dex.
N = At some point, he'll appear and become a recurring character.
Ghetsis = Main villain again, Akuroma as his second.
Cilan/Cress/Chili = Revealed as the Shadow Triad.
Lenora and husband = Lost while researching, found after Kyurem-related events.
Drayden = E4, Iris now the permanent Gym Leader. No idea who'd be the replaced E4.
Alder = Ultimate trainer like Hilbert/Hilda. (back in B/W we had two ultimate trainers, Cynthia and Morimoto; why not increasing that number. Or maybe Cynthia is no longer in Undella)

And some new cameos:
Darach: Arrived to Unova in search of Caitlin. It's speculated Black Empoleon gang took their name after being defeated by Darach's Empoleon.
Silver: Don't ask, just the idea entered my head for no reason.

Hilda/Hilbert: Champion
Cheren: Gym Leader
Bianca: She's not really doing much, just living with her parents.
Cilan/Cress/Chili: Shown to be the Shadow Triad
Cedric: Nothing special, really the same thing.
Juniper: Staying with Cedric.
Ghetsis: Escaped from prison, main villain again
N: In another region, will show up during the story to help

Hilbert/Hilda:
Believe it or not, I don't think they'll be known as the champion (in the typical sense). Note that both the PC and Cheren technically beat the Elite 4, but the challenge was interrupted by Team Plasma. I also don't think the Elite 4 challenge post-game is canon since there's no real reason to have challenged them a second time.

Cheren:
He' is/was Marshal's apprentice, but became the champion over the past two years.

Bianca:
Research assistant to Professor Juniper. I think she'll play a large role in terms of uncovering the mysteries behind Kyurem and the phenomena in East Unova (part covered with ice)

Professor Juniper:
Still researching. Will also play a role with regards to solving the mysteries of Kyurem and the phenomena in East Unova (part covered with ice)

Cedric Juniper:
He's not in the game, but is referenced to being in Kanto since he wanted to go there.

Striaton Triplets:
Still nothing to suggest they are the Shadow Triad in-game, but bad writing's happened before so I'm going with the Shadow triad band wagon. They disappear some time between BW and BW2 only to appear much later and reveal their identities--or at the very least, appear as the Shadow Triad and battle using the Elemental Monkeys.

Lenora:
Still a gym leader, its just that she's not battlable during the main plot. I'm starting to believe that Unova's league structure is different from the Japanese regions. You're given a choice in order in fighting the E4, perhaps they give you a choice in which gym leaders to fight.

Burgh:
Still just a gym leader, nothing exceptionally exciting.

Elesa:

Clay:
We find out he's the one who's responsible for the craters in Driftveil.

Skyla:

Brycen:

Drayden:
Retires in Black 2, Iris becomes the gym leader. Becomes the gym leader again in White 2 as Iris goes on an adventure to see the world like he did in his youth.

Iris:
Becomes the gym leader in White 2, but contemplates on going on an around-the-world journey to meet other Dragon Pokemon like Drayden did in his youth. In White 2, she goes on that journey

Shauntal:
Becomes a well-known novelist.

Marshal:
Becomes Cheren's mentor.

Caitlin and Darach:
Become the first "double-battle" members of the Elite 4.

Grimsley:
Change in philosophy. In BW, he talks about how only the results matter, but eventually comes to terms with his family's loss and realizes that how you get there (i.e. the journey) is just as important.

Amanita:
You meet her earlier in that western portion of Unova, possibly at the trainer school.

Fennel:
She moves to the western part of Unova as well, may be a colleague of Akuroma in his research in unleashing the latent abilities of Pokemon.

Ghetsis:
Post-game Wifi event revealing to us what happened, but he won't be a major force in the story itself.

N:
He returns to Unova from the faraway region, and his dragon gets captured. Perhaps his dragon gets captured when he's at the faraway region and he's come back to help it.

Alder:
Wanders the Unova region again, and becomes somewhat of a mentor to up and coming trainers like the PC.

N-Still in the new region for a lot of the game, returns at some point.

Cheren-Meet in your journey, he is not the champion but still a trainer.

Bianca-Meet on your journey as a trainer she also helps out Juniper.

Striaton Brothers-No longer active for a lot of the game, possibly the Shadow Triad. They're living somewhere else for a while, while their city is frozen.

Lenora-Her gym has been modified to a full bonafied museum/library. But, she is no longer active for a lot of the game due to her frozen city. She currently has moved to Castelia for the time being.

Iris/Drayden-Still Gym Leaders.

Juniper-Still a professor, just not the main professor. She and Cedric Juniper will appear to inform the character of stuff and give them items. Cedric Juniper will play a larger role in the legendary talking.

Fennel-Plays a large role in the gaining of Dream World Pokemon.

Shadow Triad-Assigned to keep an eye on the new trainer because he/she reminds them of a certain trainer. AKA Hilbert and Hilda. Battle this time, and more info is given on them.

Ghetsis-Leader of Plasma more fleshed out motives.

N's caretaker woman-More fleshed out and not following Plasma anymore.

The Seven Sages-Arrested but, will appear during the game. Possibly battlable.

Elesa-More established and known model and more popular.

Brycen-Comes to terms on more the fact his glory days are over.

N found something to do with his life, that being rescuing pokémon from people who abuse them.

The player character will be explicitally mentioned to have left the region long ago with the legendary dragon. He/She won't appear in the games.

Ghetsis is still on the loose, plotting some evil plans.

Aloe and her husband, Iris and Drayden, and other former Gym leaders are researching the nature of whatever's going on in some parts of Unova.

Bianca is now a researcher and Juniper has taken a more passive role.
Actually, I'm going to go further with this and say the new PC having one of the starters and Pokédex was Bianca's idea.

Prof. Oak met with Cedric Juniper. Whatever it was that he wanted, he made Oak to go to Unova.

Alder retired for personal training, both pokemon and for his mind. He might've left Cheren as the champion.

I guess Hilda/Hilbert will be like Red - ultimate trainer at levels 90-100.

Cheren is the new champion.

Bianca is still working with Professor Juniper.

Professor Juniper is still the regions professor.

Cedric Juniper is working on something else in Unova.

Hilbert/Hilda (hopefully) will be featured in the game (wild guess time: They are the bosses of a battle facility in the battle frontier).

Cilan, Chili, and Cress now work full time at their restaurant.

Lenora now works full time at her museum.

N will make an appearance during the main story line. His dragon will have something to do with Black/White Kyurem.

Well, we have 2 new early gym leaders so...
Because of the ice, the trio and Lenora can't run their gym and their professions. Instead, they are devoting their time to figuring out what happened to Unova.
Alder is also trying to uncover the mysteries, so Cheren replaces him as champion.
Hilda/Hilbert is looking for N so he can help save Unova.
Cynthia, displeased by the weather in her villa, decides to aid Looker in finding out info on the villain team.
And Pritagonist's Mom... If only we knew...
Bianca went with Juniper to discuss things with the southwest professor.

As for the old gym leaders, their pokemon have been updated (no more Volt Switch spam???) along with their puzzles.

Main cast:

• Original Player: Reduced to being isolated on a mountain-top ala. Red, still silent
  • Cheren: Going with everyone else and say that he's a Gym Leader
  • Bianca: A researcher or assistant to Professor Juniper
  • Professor Juniper: Goes to Hiouga City in the beginning and gives you your starter
  • Cedric: In Kanto for the whole game
  • Natural (N): The league champion, learns his real name (if he did not already know it), and starts using it after a certain point in the game (before the league)
  • Ghetsis: Possible big bad of the game if Akuroma is not the main villain or if he's even a villain at all, alternatively, he's part of a post-game scenario
  • Team Plasma: Still the villain team, not getting replaced by any other villain team
Gym leaders and Elite Four:

• Striaton Trio: Made the Gym a regular resturaunt, they are not the shadow triad
  • Lenora: Still a Gym Leader, possibly an optional Gym
  • Burgh (My least favorite Gym Leader): Same as BW1
  • Elesa: Same as BW1, just with a different team
  • Clay: Retired? Since Driftveil looks drastically different as seen from the map
  • Skyla: Same as BW1
  • Brycen: He may have given his gym to an apprentice since he's a martial artist
  • Iris and Drayden: Same as BW1, except Iris is older (and doesn't call Ash a kid anymore *shot*)
  • Shauntal: Same as BW1
  • Marshall: Same as BW1
  • Grimsley: Same as BW1
  • Caitlin: Replaced?
  • Alder: Post game challenge if Natural is the champion, but it's highly likely he's not the champion in this game
Anyone I missed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom