• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your dream home?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Imagine you're able to get the home of your dreams right now. Money, location, and anything else that may hinder you isn't a problem - so you have the freedom to choose.

What would your dream home be like? Where would it be located? Would you prefer a cozy cottage isolated somewhere in the woods, maybe a big, modern home closer to the city, a converted boat-house near the pier, or something else entirely?

Old castle filled with cats.

I (nor the cats) wouldn't occupy the whole castle; I'd provide housing for the unhoused, too. I'd take maybe half the castle at most. Also, the castle would need to be fumigated to reduce mold before I move in and periodically thereafter because allergies lol. Also dusted for same reason. Also, all the cats should be hypoallergenic for same reason again.

Ideally the castle has secret passages. I love me some secret passages. Secret passages fill me with delight.

Also, cats.

Imagine you're able to get the home of your dreams right now. Money, location, and anything else that may hinder you isn't a problem - so you have the freedom to choose.

I Would shift locations according to my mood, embracing all the available options. That's true freedom of choice.

That said, there is no such thing as a "perfect home", just strive to make your home a place that brings you happiness and where you would like to live in.

Could be a variety of styles, from French chateau, to English cottage, or New England Colonial/Cape Cod. Not too big, though, as I like smaller spaces.

It'd be in a suburb. Not in the city, but not in the country. This is where I have lived most of my life so far and I don't really want to change it. City life and rural life just aren't for me.

Location in terms of world... If the USA doesn't fall into the hands of theocratic authoritarians, I'd say somewhere in New England (which is where I'm moving right now lol). Maybe Maine. But TBH I don't trust that the USA will remain a safe, free place at this point (we can hope it does, though), so I'll move that ideal location up to somewhere in SE Canada. Perfect climate for me.

something bright! i've always wanted to turn my home into something very inviting; lots of sunlight, a big kitchen with room to cook or hang out, and plenty of color. as far as layout goes, i don't want anything too big, but just enough space to invite people over and feel cozy, not cramped! i guess it'd just be nice to have a little place that feels like a breath of fresh air..

although, a nice backyard would be lovely! i'd love to put in a tiny pond, plant some flowers, and maybe set up a cute garden table.

A single-bedroom house, located somewhere quiet, up here in the northeast where it gets bitterly cold. That's it, I'm not picky.

As long as it has room to invite a few friends over, and be filled with whatever ridiculous decor I may desire, then I'd be happy. The interior will probably look so passé that you'll think you've stepped back in time a couple decades, but it'd be completely intentional because that's exactly what I want.

my ideal home:
  • decent-sized. i'm not asking for a mansion here but i also like space in my living area so i can use the different rooms for different purposes. a 4-bedroom, at least one of them can be converted into my office, one is my main bedroom, and one can be the guest bedroom i guess for when i have people over, and the last room can be whatever i feel like making it.
  • in a quiet-ish suburb. as long as it's within a decent proximity of the closest city so i can commute there when i need to, i don't mind. i can go outside for nature walks (and PLEASE have some nature) and enjoy the peace and quiet. if i feel like switching things up and doing some activities, i can always commute downtown so i think this is a good way of having the best of both worlds.
  • located in a cooler climate, please. i really, really do not care for humidity after living in my state for so long and it'd be nice to live somewhere cooler for a change.

Back
Top Bottom