• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

Does everyone else think it's probable the gen 6 Mythicals will be available? In Legends Arceus, Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus were all available
Do you think the Mythicals will be save data bonuses or regularly obtainable?

Does everyone else think it's probable the gen 6 Mythicals will be available? In Legends Arceus, Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus were all available
I think Diance will be from owning SV (and also probably have the longest quest of these, since she has a mega), while Hoopa will be from PLA and volcanion from SwSh

I'm pretty confident these games will include all the gen 6 mon, much like LA included all gen 4 mon. So that would include the mythicals

As for their availability, I think it'll be a mix again, like LA, where like one is regularly obtainable (I'd guess Diancie) a whilst the other two are bonuses.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if we get some other gen mythicals we haven't seen in a while. Maybe round out the gen 5 ones? Victini, I beg.

I'm hoping they are all obtainable regularly, not even because i'm against save data bonus pokemon, Gen 6 just has a lot less Legendary Pokemon than Gen 4 did and they need something to serve that "Sorta-bosses that you get to go find and catch once you reach post game" role.
But if they are Save Data bonuses, make them like Darkrai with a mini boss battle esc thing to them, rather than shaymin who just goes straight to regular battle I think.

Do you think Xerneas and Yveltal will be getting new forms? XYZ, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde so then would the new forms be Zygarde-A, Yveltal-B, and Xerneas-C?
I hope it is an Ultra Necrozma situation. I want Xerneas and Yveltal to merge with Zygarde.

Also, this is just something tangentially related, but the whole Norse theory for the origins of the Aura trio REALLY bugs me. None of them act like the Norse mythological beings they're supposedly based upon. Only Zygarde's design (or at least, the designs of its forms) is really likely to be the one that may be directly Norse-inspired.
  1. Dáinn, Dvalinn, Duneyrr and Duraþrór which are the four deer that Xerneas is said to be based upon nibble away at the Tree of Life AKA the world which is the opposite of what Xerneas would do, and it is thought they were representations of the four elements or perhaps the four seasons. Xerneas is likely based on the Celtic Cernunnos. The Norse deer spirits (not sure if they're deities, specifically) are said to be the creators of rivers because dew collects on their horns and falls to Earth as rainfall but this is likely purely accidental.
  2. Hræsvelgr the eagle that Yveltal is supposedly based upon is associated with Odin and is said to be the one that creates wind throughout the world whenever he flaps his wings which sounds more like Lugia if anything. There is no connection to death, destruction, or even malevolence. Yveltal is probably based on Morrigan, a Celtic Goddess of Death who takes the form of a raven.
  3. Nidhoggr is an evil creature that is trying to destroy the universe, by the way, it is also a sea monster, too. Zygarde is PROTECTING the universe., and is definitely associated with the land, not the sea. Design-wise, I am certain that 50% Zygarde is based upon a mahoraga, Bulbapedia suggests a naga but the naga usually have a humanoid appearance and are similar in size to humans while mahoraga look a bit more bestial and are much larger (and they're said to live underground which explains the typing). They're frequently depicted with multiple heads (of serpents) though I've even seen statues where the naga/mahoraga had both a human face and serpent heads together (I'll attach an image somewhere). I'm also not sure what the cells and cores have to do with any myths. I'll admit that it IS possible that 10% Zygarde is based upon Fenrir or Garmr (most likely the latter, the former is basically a wolf kaiju) but only because the physical description for Garmr almost seems to match up and I have no clue what else this form could possibly be based upon... People suggest that Zygarde's Complete form is based upon Hel, the ruler of the dead who resides in Helheim, but that seems entirely out of character for a being that supposedly protects ecosystems. It would be like if they created a Pokemon based upon Hades but made it also the embodiment of healthcare or childcare or whatever. It seems to be more like a giant mecha of some sort, and there are definitely anime out there with giant mecha that serve as guardians.
I think generally, all three legends are based upon the Hindu Trimurti. Xerneas is Brahma the Creator. Yveltal is Shiva the Destroyer. Vishnu is the preserver with heavy Celtic inspiration for the XY duo, and it is only Zygarde that specifically has some Norse inspiration in its physical appearance but is otherwise more of Hindu origin in terms of personality and takes additional inspiration from Japanese pop culture (protective giant mecha) and biology (some people think Xerneas and Yveltal are a reference to genes, chromosomes etc. while the Zygarde cores and cells are based upon cellular biology).

1716120998614.png

Sorry for the long rant, it just really grinds my gears that fans continue to ignore everything BUT the supposed Norse inspiration which only really vaguely fits Zygarde (and only as one part of the design as demonstrated above)

Last edited:
I hadn't considered this idea before I watched a YouTube video about it, but how do you think Sky Battles will work in this game? Will we even have them or will it be an idea that's in development? If the game does take place only Lumiose City, I can imagine these battles being set on rooftops of buildings, which would make them pretty cool in my opinion.

Victini, I beg.
It's funny you mention Victini because SwSh actually has dummied encounter data for it, suggesting that it was intended to be obtainable through normal gameplay like Keldeo. Since it was scrapped, I really really hope it means we can get 'em back soon QwQ...

The XY pokedex has like, nearly twice as many pokemon as the PLA pokedex, just with pokemon actually catchable in game, highly unlikely they will all be in PLZA when even PLA was missing a few sinnoh pokedex pokemon.

I do always find it funny that XY has the largest base game regional dex (SWSH and SV beat it with DLC) despite adding the least new pokemon.

I think Diance will be from owning SV (and also probably have the longest quest of these, since she has a mega), while Hoopa will be from PLA and volcanion from SwSh
One of them would likely be free like what happened with Manaphy. Maybe Hoopa whose rings could be a Space Time Distortion substitute.

I think generally, all three legends are based upon the Hindu Trimurti.
Very interesting. While making my theory for the A pokemon i noticed that Xerneas, Yveltal, & Zygarde's names all had a certain (for lack of a better term) mouthfeel to them, and i think sanskrit can match the feel i'm describing (that being said, none of the words that make up their name are from sanskrit)

Back
Top Bottom