• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Forum Help Forums sluggish?

So, I just logged in, and I got a CloudFlare alert before the website finished loading.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Yea that happened to me just now too
I did get myself. Seems to have helped with the sluggishness though.

hi! yes, this is intentional - when the site goes through periods of slowdown like some of you may have experienced earlier, this tends to help with that. it may be an inconvenience, but it's a temporary measure to help with load times.

Just to clarify further on the Cloudflare stuff....

Bulba can sometimes get sluggish because of us getting targeted by certain groups of bots. Effectively, they're creating a (possibly unintentional) DDoS against our servers. Throwing the Cloudflare up stops them from bothering us so much. We try to not throw this up too much, since it also messes with some of our own benign, desirable bots, like the one that posts our news.

I see. Sorry, but I'm not a fan of it.
The style is not locked, you can change your forums style in the same way you would normally.

How do you change the style on pedia? I'm on mobile and don't see an option to change the style.
Ah, sorry, thought you were referring to the forum styles. 'pedia you won't be able to do that easily, since there's not actually been a style change there, simply a CSS switch. It'll go back to normal after the end of AF.

Back
Top Bottom