• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP180- Ash vs. Kenny, DP181-Buck and Baltoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash could purposely lose seeing how much Kenny wants to be with Dawn >_>

Na Ash is to dense to get that Kenny likes Dawn.
Unless Kenny actually asks Ash to loose on purpose, which would be just sad if so.
Brock might say some thing sadly though.
Thouh I'd like to think he'd stay out of it this time.
Since its about Kenny prooving himself to Dawn.
It'd be silly if Ash lost.
I hope Dawn cheers Ash on so Kenny gets the picture, that poor poor kid.

Ash could purposely lose seeing how much Kenny wants to be with Dawn >_>

Lol, would be funny if that happened but that's kinda OOC for Ash. I don't think he would lose just so Kenny can be with Dawn. I doubt he'd even get it anyway.

I hope Brocko won't be so damn useless during this episode and talk about some s**t, anyway I bet 10 bucks he will be the referee, thats it.

Did you read the summary for the episode?
Kenny asks Dawn to travel with him if he wins the battle against Ash.
Jealous sport, I hope Ash crushes him with one move.
Um of course I did. I wouldn't have been discussing it if I didn't (I also posted the summary in the Pokemopolis forums).

Just because it says that doesn't mean he's trying to prove he's better than Ash. Wait... why does he need to? He could just want to impress Dawn and that's it. I can see both of them battling well so it doesn't matter who loses as long as the battle is great.

You know I'm glad I'm not into shipping. It's actually the fandom that made me stay far away from it. Because this conversation might have became some kind of shipping flame war.

Just because it says that doesn't mean he's trying to prove he's better than Ash. Wait... why does he need to? He could just want to impress Dawn and that's it. I can see both of them battling well so it doesn't matter who loses as long as the battle is great.

The issue is not with shipping, at least not with me. It's the fact at this point in the story Ash should not be losing to someone that's not even his rival right before the league, for the sake of said rival wanting to impress some girl. I wouldn't mind a draw, but a loss would feel like the writers throwing Kenny a bone.

No matter who wins, it's still Dawns's decision. I can see Ash finally not being dense and faking a loss, Kenny being happy, and Dawn saying she still needs to finish the journey she started with Ash.

shipping episode,niiiice :D I was begging to lose hope some episodes back,now,people will say"baw baw they are 10 years old you are siiiiick" whatever,its a fun part of show that doesn't really overtakes scree time,so this episode and 177 will keep me satisfied until the league,yup yup.You know,I noticed a little tiny interesting hint in the first episode of the GF but I forgot to mention it in that episode thread,this seems like a good moment to bring it.When Kenny lolfaails his appeal,there is a little shot of Hikari tightening her fist...

screenshot.png

I cant jump the bandwagon here guys,I cant hate kenny no matter how much I try.No matter how "bland" people say he is,he is still a bit charismatic and cute.Also,he is a good example of a coordinator that focuses both on technique AND sparklez.

640.png

So...looking forward this episode!

kenny vs conway,that battle has to happen later thought.It HAS TO HAPPEN.I also hope there will be an episode with Nozomi/Naoshi/Urara....

Also,Buck,awesome,one of the best est stat trainers.Barry should be on that episode :p their interactions in the games were fuun.

Picture from this japanese fanart site.

Last edited:
Odds are Dawn will end up joining Kenny after the league.

No one argue against this please.

I actually think this is plausible. Maybe the Kenny episode will determine what Dawn will do after the Sinnoh League is over. Maybe after Ash's League matches are over, he and Dawn could have their farewell as Ash goes to Isshu while Dawn travels with Kenny somewhere. I remember there were speculations on Kenny doing gyms. It would be interesting if he does change his goal and he'd like Dawn to accompany him while he does gyms and Dawn does contests. I could see that happening.

Now the whole premise of battling to see which person Dawn'll travel with seems to allude to Kenny liking Dawn enough for him to battle for her but we'll see how the actual episode will go. Who knows? Maybe there won't be any shipping hints at all this episode.

I also wonder what pokemon will be used in the match. There are some of Ash's pokemon that I'd like to see get a couple of more wins before the league.

OMG you killed kenny. you bastard... i just want ash to win. like a million others. i just think it'd be retarded for ash to lose his rhythm after getting his 8th badge. i don't really care about the rest, what happens happens, it's already set in stone. i'm not really going to look into it with the whole "details". we all already know what happened with the GF finals. and all of us who looked into things WAYYYY too much all got disappointed. as for buck, i don't think this will be too important either. i think the kenny battle will just establish ash as a better trainer before the league starts. and the rest is just filling time and space before the movie/league.

The idea of switching over to gyms things would provide nice closure to Kenny, or just him simply saying he wants to continue contest. It's much better than him simply beating Ash because he wants to jump in Dawn's panties.

Seeing as Infernape, Torterra, and Pikachu are being used against Volkner...I see Staraptor, Buizel, or Gible here, if not all three of them. I really don't see what beating Ash would prove. He really hasn't helped Dawn all that much aside from the nickname nonsense.

When was the last time Ash "lost" girls due to battling? It's always intended to reaffirm the bond between Ash and the traveling partner, not the other way around.

Sorry, but you really need to take off your fanboy rose colored glasses.

It's so sad, so dramatic, lovesick douche looking for love in eyes and heart of his chlidhood friend, in desperate act he challenges a guy who stands on his way to girl panties, who doesn't give f**k about it and just wants to become Pokemon master.

Screw that.

Let's talk about Buck for a while, I hope he does have his game character this episode with him might be actually pretty funny. I'm still curious if Magma stone will be involved.

The idea of switching over to gyms things would provide nice closure to Kenny, or just him simply saying he wants to continue contest. It's much better than him simply beating Ash because he wants to jump in Dawn's panties.

Seeing as Infernape, Torterra, and Pikachu are being used against Volkner...I see Staraptor, Buizel, or Gible here, if not all three of them. I really don't see what beating Ash would prove. He really hasn't helped Dawn all that much aside from the nickname nonsense.

Agreed,at last one of the following plot-related things have to happen in this episode:

1-Fukamaru masters ryuukenshin
2-There is some league-related info
3-Kengo decides what he will do/where he will go
4-Hikari decides where she will go after the league

So,even if there aren't any funny-shipping parts oh arceus please no! this is going to be an interesting episode.

Also,I really really really really want to see Buck´s Claydol(when was the last time we saw one!)and some mention about his relationship with flint D:

Screw that.

Let's talk about Buck for a while, I hope he does have his game character this episode with him might be actually pretty funny. I'm still curious if Magma stone will be involved.

Buck is going to be awesome, I have a feeling. I wonder if he's going to reveal he's Flints bro in the episode. He not shaping up to be the legendary owner IMO though. But, who knows maybe he will be that said trainer.

Buck is going to be awesome, I have a feeling. I wonder if he's going to reveal he's Flints bro in the episode. He not shaping up to be the legendary owner IMO though. But, who knows maybe he will be that said trainer.

Personally, I'd laugh if he were flints brother! But I hope the legendary trainer doesn't have a pokemon shown in the opening. It would just become a spoiler if that were the case... But the legendary trainer is off topic here, so I'm excited about what the treasure is going to be! I hope it's something interesting and from the games. You know, not something made up from the anime again...

Personally, I'd laugh if he were flints brother! But I hope the legendary trainer doesn't have a pokemon shown in the opening. It would just become a spoiler if that were the case... But the legendary trainer is off topic here, so I'm excited about what the treasure is going to be! I hope it's something interesting and from the games. You know, not something made up from the anime again...

about..about this line ...you do know that he is flints brother in the games ?its not a case of "IF he were"

about..about this line ...you do know that he is flints brother in the games ?its not a case of "IF he were"

I got platinum only, and got it late, so I didn't meet Flint's brother yet... My mistake on that, but I hope he is his brother then!

I got platinum only, and got it late, so I didn't meet Flint's brother yet... My mistake on that, but I hope he is his brother then!

oh,I see,well I hope you reach the post-league quest soon!:D trust me,is fun.And so is Flints brother.

You know,its kinda weird,Buck looks like your typical "fiery persona" yet his main pokemon isn't a fire type.

Confirmed in the unofficial Adventures-manga(apparently) only.
The games (along with any other official source) never say who Buck's brother is.

That error still hasn't been corrected on his Bulbapedia-article, eh...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom