• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Build-It: Video Game Edition [ENDGAME]

Does anyone actually have a legit case on me g
Tbh, I would only consider voting anyone that voted Stinger in -Lo atm which we are in no danger of reaching for a while.

Buildings show its never Divergent, Ex was an incredibly early vote (that didn't seem like pressure) and Mido has the silence shenanigans to back her.

Which leaves my POE as: Toast/Caps which is the same as yesterday. I'll need to ISO Caps to see who'd I'd prefer today.

Tbh, I would only consider voting anyone that voted Stinger in -Lo atm which we are in no danger of reaching for a while.

Buildings show its never Divergent, Ex was an incredibly early vote (that didn't seem like pressure) and Mido has the silence shenanigans to back her.

Which leaves my POE as: Toast/Caps which is the same as yesterday. I'll need to ISO Caps to see who'd I'd prefer today.
HURRYYYYYYYYYYY

As for the seemingly random NKs, ExLight has already stated that he has a similar mindset and would go for an inactive (Phantom). For Quasar, outside of his general towniness, I think he was targeted because he has the most mechanical knowledge on the set-up and would be one to catch that there's something odd with his claim of not having any buildings atm.
Killing the inactive is NAI on principle, but in practice I think I've seen Mido do it more times than Ex; that being said, it is an odd kill to make since scum do like inactives. At face value, I don't see anyone with experience in mafia making this kill.

I often do suboptimal kills early on but I always try to optimize my actions.
Well, I stand corrected, I suppose. but still.

It would be impossible for me to have the Silent Hill blueprint at the time if each player can only have 1 Building; and also impossible for me to be going around blocking Lissi on these Nights since I was using blueprint actions instead.
As I understand it you can only have one blueprint at a time - but is it possible for you to obtain a blueprint after you already have a building built?

Wouldn't be surprised if scum had both Arkham and The Nether, but it could be one towny ability and the Nether.
I will claim having Arkham. Received on N2, peeked immediately, then built D3.

And, like, yea I was disappointed lol because it was kinda lame how that lynch went because scum clearly didn't put resistance to it despite him being a pretty good player that they should want to keep. There were no counter theories, no defenses.
Again, this makes me feel like the whole of scum is probably inexperienced and/or inactive here. We know both are true for Mudkipz. Somewhere between Toast x Divergent at this point. Scum would WANT to defend Stinger, I agree.

I'm assuming that you said this because you had a useful ability. Do you have any results to share that could help with figuring things out?

Also, if we were to assume that Mido is the final mafia, is it even possible for a silencer to self-target?
Unfortunately I don't. One of my abilities is a day ability though and I forgot to use it like an idiot.

I don't think Mido is the final mafia. I think her case on me is built on bullshit, though.

Vote: Divergent
the kills and roleblocking strike me as someone who's not very knowledgable about the players' meta in this game, so they chose to go for random players instead. i'm not entirely sure how many games he's played here, but judging by his post count and how i've never seen him in any games before this, i'm tempted to believe he's not as well versed in how people act in different roles. and the random push for ex seems kinda like grasping for straws, even admitting that what he's saying makes sense but he's voting for him anyway.
it's not a random push? Divergent has had this theory since like late last day phase & has simply just built upon it, seems that only now that Ex has divulged more information/elaborated that Divergent is starting to see it from the other perspective?

Also I think that Divergent's theory typically comes from a townie mindset. Similar to Mido's theory, it's intricate & relies on a lot of assumptions, which I find that town tends to do - scum typically try and lynch based on contradictions/traditionally "scummy" things rather than advanced theorycrafting.

Vote: toastghost

I think toast is the best lynch here. Fits a lot of the criteria that the scum in this game would have: is a less experienced player, less active player, voted away from Stinger. The vote on Divergent seems more like they are trying to take advantage of the sort of "natural scumminess" that comes with making cases on universally towny-read players to cause a miselim, rather than making a case on Divergent based on their behavior specifically.

It's not a random push :shroomad: if I were mafia, I would be better off not really rocking the boat since the start of the day seemed like the Mido and Caps situation would persist.
Something about this irks me.

I think toast is the best lynch here. Fits a lot of the criteria that the scum in this game would have: is a less experienced player, less active player, voted away from Stinger. The vote on Divergent seems more like they are trying to take advantage of the sort of "natural scumminess" that comes with making cases on universally towny-read players to cause a miselim, rather than making a case on Divergent based on their behavior specifically.
Toast isn’t inexperienced though.

Unvote: TheCapsfan
Vote: Divergent

If Silent hill is mafia then the actions are too strange.

I’m going to bet on someone I have t played with much.

Also interesting note. I was just told I was silenced. I never was told anything like “pyramid head silenced you” like Lissi got told about the roleblock.

Something about this irks me.
I did see that too. Not the content itself but the fact it spews both of us as town when I'm still in PoE.

But I think the rest of Divergent's stuff outweighs that one point. Would rather go for toast first. I think their case is scummier.

To me they are - maybe its partially a misconception on my part, though. I haven't played with them much - though I'd agree that Divergent is certainly newer, at least. Regardless, the rest of what I said still stands.

An ISOlation of the thoughts and feelings of one: TheCapsFan
Catching up.

Everyone should out the game as vanilla yeah? So why would anyone have abilities without a blueprint?

This feels rather defensive, IMO, and counterproductive to the thought process that Ex and Jamie are pushing. There's no reason why you can't just pick a player to shoot if you're just gonna be grasping at straws anyway.

Incredibly towny post.

I disagree - because the mechanics of the game are unique, I read it as simply a discussion about the mechanics, not anything alignment indicative. And since then Jamie has been pushing the gamestate along, which is counterproductive to scum who want the gamestate to stay stale. Albeit easy to fake, I tend to find that slightly towny, or at least a characteristic of a slot I'd rather not push D1.

Not always, the games will usually start with an RVS and then gradually transition into more serious votes being made. Although, results may vary on the quality of the D1 lynch. Sometimes it really does end up random.

If you don't mind me asking, you seem to have some experience with Mafia. How much, and if so, what sites have you played on before?

I like this vote

The self-pres is NAI, I don't have a problem with it.
Bolded was the prelude to catching Mudkipz, so town points for that. Shade at Toast, then a shitpost townread. Liked the vote on Stinger apparently.
Night 1

Relatively little. I think if anything, scum might be more likely to have a blueprint D1 because if blueprints are given out randomly, there's a chance that scum would get none & that would hella unbalance the game. But I dunno.

Can you elaborate a bit more? What about each of their behaviors felt suspicious, and what felt townie?

Overall I actually don't really mind the NL on D1 this time. Despite the low posting volume, lots of good thoughts were thrown around & interactions made.
Good (but NAI) point on scum blueprints. Nothing else particularly of note.
Not looking like much tbh. Something like

Caps
Ex
Oth

Guz
Jamie

Everyone else

Mudkipz

Toast
Stinger

Addressing the ones that people will probably question:
Guz is just off vibes.
Mudkipz is because they hinted at having a role already. Or at least the knowledge that some players might already have a non-vanilla role, which would indicate TMI - but that's very weak thus they are not a scumread, but leaning that way.
Jamie's actions I think have been blown a little out of proportion and have largely been NAI from my perspective & even townleaning a bit - townpoints for pushing the gamestate forward, though that's not necessarily unfakeable.
Mudkipz and Stinger both near the bottom looks good for Caps ig.
Phantom kill is indeed weird. I think Othinius might be onto something in regards to the idea that scum likes the current gamestate and shot in the inactives, but I think it could also be possible that maybe they're trying to frame someone who likes killing inactives? idk. Regardless I don't think it's worth thinking about too hard. But yeah, echoing Ex, thanks for killing an inactive lol.

I'm cool with the Stinger case for the moment, but if we're going with the theory that maf likes the current gamestate, this offers a solid alternative imo. They were rather passive D1 and very defensive when asked about "who they would shoot" for what seemed like no apparent reason.

Wish Othinius had answered my questions, but what can you do.
Phantom kill could have been a bluff from Stinger? Reasoning for a Toast wagon is a bit weak compared to most of the other cases that day.
Why would you need to be self-preservative in that instance though? It's not like you were going to get lynched.
I can see the argument that Toast raised against this which was that he was scared of being framed. Toast is probably the least experienced player still alive so I could see him getting a bit flustered ROA.
I can definitely see someone coaching her to do that, but would rather take things at face value for now.
Roleblock was almost certainly real with Lissi flipping indep.
This makes me think my scumlean on mudkipz might be right, then, actually.
Going all the way back to his first post. That's a long game you're playing if you're bussing. Town points.
Didn't lissi already claim to have a blueprint prior to today, or am I mistaken? It would make sense for the mafia to keep blocking her if they know this. Prevent her from building + not clearing anyone else through RB = win/win for mafia.

Like I said, I'm willing to trust Lissi at face value for now.
This is a good point. Not very useful now however.
Yeah, but it's all hypotheticals, so I don't think it's nearly as serious as you're making it out to be.

That's why they're hypothetical.

Nobody's town clearing Lissi. But we're not going to lynch the player who's claimed to be roleblocked unless we're 2 up on the mafia. And I can kind of see where Lissi is coming from with the whole "destroy the blueprint" thing, even if I disagree with her logic.
Little did Caps know, we were about to be 2 up on mafia. Hypotheticals is a part of a long argument between Toast and Caps that has spanned days.
Vote: Itsjustmudkipz

Someone had asked earlier why I thought that Stinger's death meant Mudkipz was more likely to be scum. It goes back to the first post of theirs in the thread:

I wrote it off as a weird gut feeling thing at the time, which is why I didn't scumread mudkipz too hard. But I read this post as saying "would people be able to use non-blueprint abilities regardless of alignment" (which is already a weirdly worded question). Given that I didn't start with any abilities not tied to blueprints, I kinda thought it might be a TMI question if scum did start with abilities not tied to blueprints. Now that we know that Stinger did have an extra ability not tied to a blueprint, I find this TMI to be more likely.

And then Stinger's response immediately after

kinda reads in hindsight like they might be trying to cover up for their scumbud.
Yeah, this is super good. The vote is kinda late and could be bussing, but all the prior posts against Mudkipz would be a needlessly cruel (and somewhat unnecessary) bus from a scum POV. This was also the argument that convinced me of scum!Mudkipz.
I was never against it, persay, but I do like to push for multiple wagons at a time as I find that typically there's a lot to be found in the ways that people move between them. There were a lot of people already on Stormy, and I thought Toast would make for a good alternate wagon.
Toast wagon didn't feel like scum!Caps trying to defend his partner in Stinger imo. Reasoning for the wagon is fair enough.
I'll be honest, I'm very tempted to vote lissi out here, half a policy since she won't build her damn building despite very clear instructions on what to submit and when from the entire game, and half because 50% of Mudkipz's posts are just yelling "lissi town lissi town."

Also we're +2 with 9 alive, presumably either 3 scum + 1 ITP or 4 scum means we can afford a miselim worst case.

But that would be mean, so I'm not going to do it.
I also agreed with this, but you can see a whole post of that in my Lissi ISO.
Why aren't we considering Mido again? I don't think anything she's done so far this game is outside her scum range.
The fabled post that has caused so much conflict today and yesterday. Does feel a little opportunistic, but Mido had not made the thread aware she had been silenced yet.
They wanted her in PoE?

They literally said "Lissi is town" multiple times. It's like, the only read they gave in the entire game.
This is true actually and makes the point of scum!Ex less valid if one of the main arguments is trying to frame Lissi.
Looks like she was lead vote on Stormy. Her + Divergent, and then you and Jamie (both of whom I am pretty sold on as town at this point). So yeah, I guess that makes sense for lower prio target.

Mudkipz was off Stormy D2, logic says that if scum is on Stormy, it's Divergent. But I think I'd rather look elsewhere, I don't think Mafia was really looking to bus this game.
On Mido silence. Agreed that of the wagon if you wanted to make someone look worse it would have been more likely to be Mido/Divergent than myself or Othinus. Don't agree that it's Divergent however.
I don't mind getting lynched for PoE's sake. Though I would say that I look better than either of the other two with my Mudkipz vote & reasoning.

I would ask that you at least let me live tonight, though.
What happened, Mr Batman? (nvm just read up don't answer this, already figured it out)
Whoa whoa whoa. If you're silenced, it's NOT because of me.
I didn't even have a blueprint until like, Night 2. And I wouldn't hard bus my partner Mudkipz & point out their slip as early as Day 1. Not when we'd already be down one.
I don't either, but I think she would be stupid to fake this as mafia unless she just wants the game to end.

If she really is silenced, maybe there is a reason she specifically thinks it's me. But yeah, it's not.

Wrong thread my guy.

I guess you were just riffing with the silencing then? Care to explain?
Eh, fuck it. Looks like she was lying anyway, and we're up two so Vote: Midorikawa
All of the Mido silence stuff, vote against Caps was due to the shading earlier in the phase. Second post I looked at earlier and third and fourth appear to be misunderstandings on Mido's part.
I do NOT want there to be a tie today.

@ExLight Between Lissi and Toast, who would you vote for? Personally I'm leaning more towards Toast. At this point I'd rather policy Mido over Lissi. It's likely only one of them is scum, anyway.
NAI point at the top as Caps was not a serious wagon contender.
This is bullshit. I didn’t ever “want to lynch you before you posted.” The only thing I said even mildly suspecting you was this.

You hadn’t solved much, as you admit, and like nobody was talking about you - which I found odd, knowing that everything you had done you could have been faking. So I brought it up. All I was doing was questioning why you were taken out of PoE by the rest of the game. Not trying to lynch you, otherwise I would have voted you then & there. Othinius responded with your vote history as I was looking back at it & then I agreed that yeah, you’re not out of PoE but you’re a lower priority target. And then I moved on, until you accused me of something I did NOT do. Then I voted you in retaliation.

Quit putting words in my mouth.

I can understand why you would think there could have been some greater plan from a town!you perspective though. Given that you had been quiet, you then question “why silence me over othinius” and it checks out. Your logic here is sound, albeit incorrect. Your claim that I went into the day trying to lynch you, though, is a massive exaggeration.
This Mido defense is quite good. Explanation for the vote is fine.
Why would you destroy Mushroom Kingdom? Did you peek & see something bad?

I HAD NO IDEA. Thats why I OMGUS’d, which I tend not to do normally. In addition to the fact you faked tf outta a PR in one of your more recent games. I initially thought you were just trying to miselim me. Then I checked the vote history, and was just like “nah bc if she miselims me today then she gets offed tomorrow so unless she simply wants the game to end i dont think shed do that as scum.”
No, he just hates Mario :swirlix:

Just a reiteration of the last post.

Alrighty, in a vacuum I'd say Toast looks worse than Caps. Mudkipz push was way too early to be a bus from Caps and general solves there have been more from Caps than Toast. Gamesolving has seemed to slow down recently and its mainly just been about the spat between him and Mido which hasn't been exceedingly helpful.

Vote: Toast
I'm sorry Toast, but of my POE you look the worst.

Killing the inactive is NAI on principle, but in practice I think I've seen Mido do it more times than Ex; that being said, it is an odd kill to make since scum do like inactives. At face value, I don't see anyone with experience in mafia making this kill.
Ex does it all the time lmao, so do I. Helps make the game more fun for all, most veterans that I've seen are more likely to kill inactive.
As I understand it you can only have one blueprint at a time - but is it possible for you to obtain a blueprint after you already have a building built?
Guz did, they had the PB one and then another one.
Also I think that Divergent's theory typically comes from a townie mindset. Similar to Mido's theory, it's intricate & relies on a lot of assumptions, which I find that town tends to do - scum typically try and lynch based on contradictions/traditionally "scummy" things rather than advanced theorycrafting.
Theorycrafting my beloved :bulbaLove:. I think Mido and Toast also haven't realised how mechanically cleared Divergent actually is. Granted The Nether could be town, but its super unlikely.
They are compared to everyone else here.
Also interesting note. I was just told I was silenced. I never was told anything like “pyramid head silenced you” like Lissi got told about the roleblock.
HOLY SHIT I FORGOT ABOUT THAT. Alright so, ignore my previous theory that Mudkipz was the roleblocker :bulbaFacepalm:

Also, I do not want to be at risk of being voted out with this close of a margin

Unvote: ExLight

Night Five Start New

Final Vote Count:
toastghost: IV (ExLight, TheCapsFan, JamieIsBored, Divergent)
Divergent: II (toastghost, Midorikawa)
toastghost,

You are a vanilla townie, with access to the following abilities:
Build <Blueprint Name>: This will build the building, giving you that location as your role, and the abilities that come with it.
Peek <Blueprint Name>: This will allow you to learn the exact abilities of the role, presented to you as though you had gotten the role PM.
Destroy <Blueprint Name> OR <Building>: This will allow you to completely remove a blueprint from the game, not allowing that location to return to yourself or any other player. You may also do the same for the building you have built, removing your role and allowing you to build something new.
Give <Blueprint Name> to <Player Name>: This will allow you to give your blueprint to another player.

You are sided with the Town, you win when all opposing forces have been removed from the game.

Lon Lon Milk: Once a game,
you may give someone the Lon Lon Milk that is created in Lon Lon ranch. Whoever drinks this will receive a 1x bulletproof vest, protecting them from a single night kill. You may not drink it yourself. However, in the odd occasion that it would get passed back to you, you would be allowed to drink it.
Stalchildren Tracking (PASSIVE): Stalchildren patrol Hyrule Field at night. They will keep watch and if anyone targets you, you will know who it was, but not the ability they used. However, this passive will not work if the person who targets you has a an ability, or passive that may counter-act this. (Assuming one can exist)
toastghost has been lynched, they were sided with the town!

Hyrule Field has been destroyed!
The Midgar bluebrint was destroyed alongside toastghosts death!

Midgar (Final Fantasy VII)

Mako Reactor Overload: Once a game,
you may use this action to nullify a target's abilities in that night, and then destroys their current building, if applicable.
Sector 7 Demolitionist Sabotage (PASSIVE): You are unable to destroy this blueprint.

Current Buildings:
Pokémon Center
Azeroth
Arkham Asylum
Lumbridge
The Nether

It is now Night Five, this phase will end at 22:00 on the 29th.

Blueprints, if applicable, will be sent out in about an hour. I just gotta eat with visiting family and it's already late.
I will make a post in thread to confirm when I have sent them. Again, if people are to receive any.

Back
Top Bottom