• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Topic 3: Dream World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Black 2 & White 2 Speculation Contest - Week 3: Dream World

-Gen V Pokémon, and new Pokémon added to the old areas
-New areas and minigames
-Minigames will be matched to the type of Pokémon you're befriending (Ice Cream Scoop for Ice-types, Sky Race for Flying-types, etc.)
-You can choose which areas to visit
-Improved Dream Pal system, allowing you to connect with people in your Pal Pad and Unity Tower
-Improved point system, with more actions awarding points (like it originally was before they screwed it up...)
-You can request items at the Share Shelf, to stop people from taking your items in exchange for Poké Balls and Oran Berries.
-The 24-hour wait resets at midnight instead of counting from when you last left the Dream World.
-Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect are able to be tucked in.
-Shiny Pokémon get their own Dream World artwork.
-Instead of allowing a certain number of trips through an area, you're allowed a certain number of encounters or items.

- Dream World will allow you to choose which areas you're able to go to
- You'll be able to link your BW and BW2 games to the same account, and there will be incentives for doing so like access to BW2-exclusive areas for your BW games, and for BW2, it allows you to not start off from the beginning and lets you keep all the Dream Points you've gathered.
- Gen V Pokémon will not be available for BW games in the Dream World, but may be available in BW2 games.
- Downloads of new "Pokémon films" or whatever those things are called for BW2 games
- Related to the earlier post about linking BW and BW2, this will be represented by you having two Dream Islands linked together by a different kind of rainbow bridge.

I have a few theories regarding what might happen to the Dream World. Firstly, I think they might expand some of the capabilities, particularly the player's ability to visit the Dream World for more than an hour a day. I know the reasoning behind this was due to the fact that it reduced the traffic/stress on the servers, but I would hope that by the time B2/W2 come out, they would figure out a way to allow more traffic without it resulting in a server crash. That is the first enhancement I hope to see with the new games.

Obviously, there would also be more places to visit, perhaps even special ones like what they had for the B/W movie. In these special places, players would be able to find special Pokemon, like starters, legendaries, or other hard-to-get monsters. These special places would only be available for a limited time, but while they were available you could get however many of these Pokes you wanted. Also, I think we should be able to choose which area we go to when we go to the Island of Dreams. You can only go to each area so many times before it gets old and repetitive. It's always good to get a change of scenery and by giving us the ability to go to whichever area we want, it would be more fun and less predictable for the players.

In regards to the mini-games, I don't have any ideas as to specific games, but I do think there will be a better selection of games available so each area has more specialty games. There will also be a wider variety of Pokemon available to be obtained in the same mini-games that are there now. One thing that I think could be a good enhancement would be to have a way to be able to compete with other players/games with the mini-games. High scores on the games could be posted on the site and players would be able to get special collectibles based on their scores and how they compared with the other players. There could also be some sort of point system where players could points on these scores and trade them in for items, decor, berries, or even Pokemon. There could even be a way to trade Pokemon with other players in the Dream World.

Wow. There are a lot more theories and ideas here than I thought I had. Let's see how close I actually am since these all came out of nowhere. :)

More pokémon will be added, but not all of them. New areas will be added for them. The rest will remain the same.

The new dream world will have a lot more worlds to coincide with Unovas new cities and iced over places. I also think there will probably be a lot of minigames like thawing ice or freezing something. I also believe the home and berry system will be improved upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom