• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TINA's Nuzlocke Series

Before i go challenge the gym, i decide to head south into the industrial Virbank Complex for some training. There, i pick up an awful stenchthat can only mean one thing: there's a Koffing nearby. I track it down and catch it so that the workers don't have to suffer through this, and i name it Big Smoke. This guy will make a nice addition to the team though. I train him up a bit, then i beat up all the trainers in the complex before training a lot more for the gym here.

After some training, i make my way to the gym, which doubles as a rock club. This is a poison gym, so nobody will have to sit this one out. There's no puzzle here, but the music is so loud that Roxie cannot hear me as i challenge her, so i have to beat up some of her band members first. After that, i challenge Roxie herself; she leads with Koffing and i lead with Luke. My quick attack does very little unfortunately, and a crit tackle brings me into crit range immediately. This forces me to bring in Dro-mAthra, who manages to get a crit to take him into the yellow, but gets taken into crit range before she can finish it. I thus opt for a switch to Big Smoke for a Koffing vs Koffing showdown. We exchange Assurances for quite a while, but Roxie has a super potion up her sleeve, which she uses when her koffing falls into the red. I manage to bring her back down to low health, but then i fall into crit range so i opt for a switch to Il-il. She finally finishes this thing off with a crit, so it's time to face Roxie's ace, her Whirlipede. I switch Gortwog in for this task, and that absolute madlad scores a crit on his first ember. A second Ember takes the big wheel down, earning me my second badge. To make things even better, the excitement from beating the Whirlipede prompts Gortwog to evolve into its second stage, Pignite. You've earned it, buddy.

When i leave the gym, someone invites me to go to a place called Pokestar Studios. I think that's where Roxie's dad went. I really should not be making a name for myself here, but i see little harm in trying out a new hobby, as we have no leads on Team Plasma's activities anyway. When i get there, i have to suffer through an absolutely atrocious movie made by Roxie's dad; even he agrees that he absolutely sucks at being an actor and that he should return to being a boat captain. I'm still gonna try my hand at it though; a guy guides me to the filming studio, where i meet the former gym leader turned movie star, Brycen. I remember getting a badge from the guy all those years ago, but now's not the time to reminisce. Brycen will play the antagonist in my movie, which follows the same basic plot as the one the captain made except it's not god-awful.

In fact, my movie is a major hit, which is an indicator that i should not continue with this. My cover must not be blown. I must remain low profile in order to seek out Team Plasma. So it's probably best to head on to the next town. As i head for the ferry though, i find Remco and Roxie confronting some Team Plasma goons there. These grunts apparently think that N is a traitor who did not allow them to conquer all of the region. N was very wrong his ideals that pokemon are not slaves, but at least he eventually came to see that they are just tools of war. Anyway, we beat them up, and Roxie gives me HM01 Cut as a reward. We chase after them onto Route 20, where i catch up with and beat up another one. The joy of beating the shit out of this evil bastard is actually enough for Luke to evolve into the mighty Lucario. This time, we do manage to get some useful information out of them; they're travelling around by boat.

Remco suggests we head to the ports in Castelia City, but i'm gonna call it a day for now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current team:

Dro-mAthra (Purrloin) lv 16
Big Smoke (Koffing) lv 16
Il-il (Pidove) lv 16
Luke (Lucario) lv 17
Gortwog (Pignite) lv 17

Never expected Lucario to evolve so quickly. This'll be a great help going forward.

Back
Top Bottom