• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think of N’s Harmonia portrayal in the anime?

He used to be my favorite game character so I was pretty disappointed when the anime didn't adapt BW1's plot. I can understand that Best Wishes had some issues after the TP vs TR episode got banned, but BW1 already had a great plot without TR being included in it. If Ash had a rival like Paul during Best Wishes it could have lead to some interesting discussions about morals. I always found the scene when Paul points out that Ash's Pokemon gets hurt too in battle to be interesting. I wonder what N would have said in a situation like that.

I watched his arc recently and it's honestly underrated, they dropped the ball with the ending and Ghetsis but it's still watchable and entertaining. N was one of the highlights, he was interesting as a character that while had different beliefs with those of Ash could still become his friend. He gradually came to understand the relationship between humans and Pokemon more in a natural way and it was interesting seeing him come to that conclussion by himself. Clearly it was a watered-down conflict compared to the games and he's relationship with Ghetsis was not explored in the slightest but it wasn't bad.

They tried to have their cake and eat it too by merging both BW and BW2’s portrayal of him. The problem is that one informs the other, so it leads to a bloody, bloody mess.

Back
Top Bottom