• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Staff AMA Thread

What kind of music do you listen to?
Pop punk, post-hardcore, all that emo stuff. Throw in some techno trance, J-core, and 90s/00s pop on the side for good measure. :)

A few artists that I like a lot are Avril Lavigne, t.A.T.u., All Time Low, Mayday Parade, Taking Back Sunday, t+pazolite, Britney Spears, and Perfume.
My favorite Vocaloid producer changes all the time, but lately I'm a big fan of seleP and okameP.

(also I agree; Caps's posts in the OTB music thread got me to start listening to Charli, and now her music has made it on my Spotify Wrapped two years in a row lol)

What kind of music do you listen to?
All sorts! A lot of the bands I listen to are Japanese (surprise surprise), and there's a wide bit of variety in there. I like emo the most I think (shoutout to origami angel i've seen them in concert twice or maybe three times now they're so so good), but I also listen to ska, easycore, and punk a lot, which I got from my mother. We're a bit similar (although he's more scene than me), so it's nice to trade bands with Oki LOL! Math rock and occasionally metal/metalcore (takamachi walk..) are also nice. If I'm in the mood for it I listen to citypop and j-fusion (masayoshi takanaka woooo) but that's not often. Vocaloid has always been a mainstay in my life ever since I first found out about it, but my subway master of an older sister made me really really love it LOL... my favorite producer is KZ livetune, but they've gone onto bigger and better things... I also really like IWALOID (pop-rock?) and ippo.tsk (synth v emo lol), if you're into English voca stuff at all? In my spare time I used to translate voca songs, maybe I should get back to doing that...?

My favorite band ever is called The Winking Owl, though! They broke up, sadly, but they were an.... uh, not sure how to genre them but they call themselves エモーショナル・ロック 'emotional rock', and they were from Japan! They have roots in both Japan and in the West, too, which I've always thought was neat. I don't want to drone on too much about them LOL but go listen if you're interested at all, whoever is reading this!!! they are my favs.

(tldr in an effort to become a carbon copy of her, i osmosised like 75% of blanc's music tastes if not much much more)

hmm i'm not sure but i know there is Corsola Beach, our newest section - it's dedicated to Corsola Cove which is a fan community centered around the vgc! i bet showdown content would be appreciated there :bulbaLove:

i like metal and edm!! with a bit of grunge too :D
Should I make a Showdown thread then? I might have already made one and forgot (and I think I have), but it'll be a place where people talk anything Showdown

And is there something wrong with my signature? I don't see it, and I think I have it up. It's a Lucario sitting on a cliff with the sunset in the background and it says: Love all, even your enemies, and you will be greatly rewarded. Or can the users just not see their signatures lol

And is there something wrong with my signature? I don't see it, and I think I have it up. It's a Lucario sitting on a cliff with the sunset in the background and it says: Love all, even your enemies, and you will be greatly rewarded. Or can the users just not see their signatures lol
Are you on mobile? You can’t see signatures on mobile

Are you on mobile? You can’t see signatures on mobile
I'm on laptop, and I can see other people's signatures
is it also possible that you haven't formatted your signature correctly? if your signature contains an image iirc you need to upload it and then toggle the bb code to insert the actual pic
Can you simplify that please lol

Can you simplify that please lol
when you go to edit your signature, there should be a thing at the bottom that says "upload image" and a button next to it that says "choose file." you want to click that button and then select whatever image file you want to use for your signature.
then go back up to the signature screen itself and type in this: 1701699640657.png
the image should then show up in your sig
but also make sure to check your signature fits our size limits of 500 kb and 160px in height, please :bulbaLove:

That's, like, exactly how mine looks

when you go to edit your signature, there should be a thing at the bottom that says "upload image" and a button next to it that says "choose file." you want to click that button and then select whatever image file you want to use for your signature.
then go back up to the signature screen itself and type in this: View attachment 179123
the image should then show up in your sig
but also make sure to check your signature fits our size limits of 500 kb and 160px in height, please :bulbaLove:
It worked!

Do you guys know how long it took to think of the words, get an ai to make the picture and words in a good size, fail, then just crop and put on letters lol?

Do you guys know how long it took to think of the words, get an ai to make the picture and words in a good size, fail, then just crop and put on letters lol?
probably a while i'd think!!
(for the future if you have any questions abt the site's functions or similar things feel free to just ask us directly through pms or smth if you want!! ofc we're always very happy to help but let's take extra care to keep threads as on-topic as possible ok?)
but i'm glad you got your sig up! :yay: i remember having difficulty getting mine to work too when i first came here lol so you're not alone!!

haha, I'm sure! Do you guys play Pokemon Showdown?

(To keep on thread topic)
yeah i do actually!! :bulbaLove: i'm not super good lol and mostly just play randbats? but i've been dipping into the actual vgc ofc ofc
my fav tier is RU but it's not super active all the time ehe.. so i guess i play the most OU out of tiered gameplay? i use stall strategies mostly :) (guess what mon i was sad about being banned haha) (but gliscor is also just one of my favorite pokemon so like, part of me was kind of happy for it i guess? like look at you go lil gargoyle scorpion, you show em who's boss)
ubers are also really fun - i think i almost prefer their gameplay but OU has more room for variety ig, like i can't think of any ubers team i designed post gen 3 that didn't have skymin on it. (and in gen 9 zacian-c)

yeah i do actually!! :bulbaLove: i'm not super good lol and mostly just play randbats? but i've been dipping into the actual vgc ofc ofc
my fav tier is RU but it's not super active all the time ehe.. so i guess i play the most OU out of tiered gameplay? i use stall strategies mostly :) (guess what mon i was sad about being banned haha) (but gliscor is also just one of my favorite pokemon so like, part of me was kind of happy for it i guess? like look at you go lil gargoyle scorpion, you show em who's boss)
ubers are also really fun - i think i almost prefer their gameplay but OU has more room for variety ig, like i can't think of any ubers team i designed post gen 3 that didn't have skymin on it. (and in gen 9 zacian-c)
I've been playing for a month now and I still make and delete teams and be absolute trash lol! I typically only do monotype, but I'll do random. My Gen 9 Fire team is pretty good, tho

Back
Top Bottom