Revel in Rivalry Story Event returns to Pokémon Masters EX for a second time this year, alongside Bede Poké Fair Scout and Flying-Type Gear Event
Story Event: Revel in Rivalry
This event focuses on Bede as he enters the New Stars of Pasio tournament in response to Blue's criticism of his battling style. The event originally ran from June 16th to July 4th, 2022, and was previously re-run in January of this year. While participating in event battles, players will be able to earn Prize Coins, which must be used to unlock each part of the event's story from the event's Prize Box. Players can also acquire a range of special rewards from their Prize Box pulls, including 5★ Scout Tickets, 3★ and 4★ Power-Ups, and a Tech Move Candy Coin. Players can also obtain Event Medals and Gems for completing special missions during the event. All rewards can be claimed even if players have previously completed the event during its previous runs.
As usual for events of this type, players will have an increased chance of receiving bonus rewards if they take on event battles using teams that feature specific sync pairs. The more of these sync pairs that players place in their lineup, the greater the bonus received. The applicable Sync Pairs and reward rates are as follows:
- Bede & Hatterene:+60% (x1.6) bonus rewards
- Wally & Gallade, Marnie & Morpeko, Barry & Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon, Gladion & Sivally, Hau & Raichu (Alola Form), Hop & Zamazenta, Callem & Espurr/Meowstic: +40% (x1.4) bonus rewards
- All other sync pairs with the Rival Theme Skill: +20% (x1.2) bonus rewards
Players should also note the following when playing this event:
- The number of plays available for Daily Extreme Battle 1 are reset every day at 10:00pm (PST).
- To participate, players must have completed Main Story Chapter 1: The More the Merrier (Normal) in single-player.
- The sync pairs that appear as opponents in battle have different capabilities than those players can actually obtain.
- All mission completion rewards must be claimed within three days of the mission period ending.
- Items remaining in the prize box are no longer obtainable after players proceed to the next prize pool
- Leftover Prize Coin items will be automatically converted to coins at a rate of 10 coins per item at the end of the event, and sent to players' Present Boxes.
In this co-op battles event, Trainers can obtain a full range of 3★ Flying-Type gear, including the 3★ Flying Bandanna, 3★ Flying Bracelet, and 3★ Flying Pin, by completing co-op battles together with other Trainers. The gear can be received both as event battle rewards, and as exchanges from the Event tab of the Exchange Items menu. Gear upgrade items will also be available to upgrade these new 3★ Gear, with Flying Scissors, Flying Thread and Flying Needles used to upgrade the Bandanna, Bracelet and Pin respectively. These upgrade items can be obtained by exchanging associated 1★-3★ gear. More upgrade items will be received for gear with more ★s, higher levels, or more level caps unlocked.
After this event is over, the new gear will continue to be obtainable from the General tab of the Exchange Items menu, starting from July 31st, at 10:59pm (PDT).
Players wanting to participate in this event should note the following:
- To participate, players must have completed Main Story Interlude 1: Let the Tournament Begin! in single-player. This interlude can be completed after players complete Main Story: Chapter 10 in single-player.
- The sync pairs that appear as opponents in battle have different capabilities than those which can actually be obtained by players.
- Players cannot take on this event area with 3 teams comprised of only their own Sync Pairs.
- The number of plays available for Daily Bonus Battle 1 are reset every day at 11:00pm (PDT)
- When the exchange period for the vouchers obtained in this event ends, leftover vouchers will be converted into coins (10 coins per voucher) and sent to each player's Present Box.
5★ Bede & Hatterene are being featured in a Poké Fair Scout alongside the returning Revel in Rivalry Story Event. A similar Poké Fair scout was held alongside the original run of the event in 2022, and in its re-run in January earlier this year. As usual, 5★ Sync Pairs will have a 10% chance of appearing in this Poké Fair Scout, with the featured pair having a higher chance of appearing than other pairs. This Poké Fair Scout also includes a daily discount, where players can perform a single scout for x100 paid gems.
As always, Poké Fair exclusive Sync Pairs may reappear in future Poké Fair Scouts.